♡/☁)Cracks||Beast Boy||Part 1

Summary: (Y/N) has a special situation she can't get rid of. Beast Boy was incredibly curious, asking questions about this special situation constantly. One day (Y/N) finds something on her face that fills her with dread.

-----------------------

  You shook your head when M'gann asked if you wanted to go swimming at the beach with the rest of the team. You always rejected any activity that included water. Bowling? Sure. Video games? Of course! Watch the newest movie with the team? I'm in!! But... swimming? Boooooo...

Ok, a little heads up here. Most of the members had always wondered about it. You were outgoing and energetic about anything fun. But when it came to water, you always turned it down. No one knew why. Sure, some of them have asked, but they all got the same answer.

'I can't tell you. Let's just say, I'm afraid of water.'

And they obliged, not forcing you to tell them anything. They eventually forgot the subject, although there were times they forgot and asked you to go swimming or have a water gunfight.

Eventually, there was only one, curious person left, still wondering why. Your best friend and partner in pranks (that's what you called it), Garfield, AKA, Beast Boy.

He was always curious. The fact that you were 'afraid' of water interested him. It never really tended to leave his mind. I mean, the thought could be clouded over for just a few moments, but then you would walk by and the question would spark up again.

And actually, he asked you that question a lot. But he still got the exact, same answer every single time. He would think that you were annoyed, or at least, slightly irritated by his constant questions, but you just smiled and 'answered' them all patiently.

"(Y/N)?"

"Yes?"

"Why are you, quote-unquote, afraid of water?"

"I can't tell you the answer to that."

"Why not?"

"Let's just say, I'm afraid of water for a secret reason."

It sometimes drove him inwardly crazy. His mind was spinning with endless theories and questions. No, he didn't think it was creepy, I mean, he was just looking out for his best friend! What's so wrong about that?

Anyways, back to the present.

"Oh, yeah, sorry (Y/N), I forgot again...", M'gann apologized sheepishly.

You just smiled brightly and waved it off, "I know, I know, it's ok. Thanks for asking, though."

"But seriously (Y/N), swimming is fun! Are you SURE you don't want to come??", Garfield whined.

You just gave him a lopsided smile, "No can do, Gar. You know that! We've talked about this."

"But it's just not the same without you!!", he whined again.

A pink color dusted along your cheeks as you pursed your lips, "Sorry, Gar... but I can't."

You then smiled brightly, being the sunshiny, cheerful girl you were, "Have fun guys! But stay safe!!"

Bart gave you a wide, bright grin, "'Kay, bye (Y/N)!!!"

You smiled halfheartedly as they left, leaving you along in Mount Justice. You then turned to walk to your room. Yes, you lived at Mount Justice. Your mom died from... something and your dad had left you both. You'd rather not talk about it. But what you could say, was that you had the exact same thing as your mom.