Chapter 3

When I end the song, I open my eyes when I've finally realised that I closed them. It must've been for the high note, I sometimes do that when I wanna hit a certain high note. Both of the ladies have their jaws dropped, looking at me like I had grown two heads.

"Uhm, you're gonna catch flies if you keep your mouths open like that." I say, then I finally let out a giggle as they both close their mouths at the same time.

"There's one more." I add to that, looking at the little backstage room, Beca now walking on the stage just as shy as I had been.

Then I nod at the girls, making my out but I stand on the sideline, waiting until she's has sung her song.

"Hello, um. I didn't know we had to prepare that song." Beca says, shooting daggers at me.

I hold my hands up in defence, holding back a smirk. She look back at Aubrey and Chloe to search for an answer.

"Oh, that's okay. Sing anything you want." Chloe says, I find myself looking at her the whole time.

"May I?" Beca asks as friendly as possible.

It makes Chloe nod at her, Beca spilling the contents of the cup onto the desk as she sits down. She starts making a beat with the cup, then she starts singing.

I got my ticket for the long way 'round
Two bottles of whiskey for the way
And I sure would like some sweet company
And I'm leaving tomorrow what d'ya say

When I'm gone
When I'm gone
You're gonna miss me when I'm gone
You're gonna miss me by my hair
You're gonna miss me everywhere oh
I know you're gonna miss me when I'm gone

With that she finishes the song. Chloe has a dazzling smile on her face, but Aubrey doesn't even allow herself to let the corners of her mouth quirk up a bit. Just what is it about Beca that Aubrey doesn't like?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I feel a bag go over my head as I'm walking across campus. It makes me trash around in their hold, ready to throw an elbow into my attacker's stomach.

I suddenly hear a voice, "Take it easy, it's Bella's tradition." I would be able to pick out that voice from a thousand people, that's Chloe.

So I stop resisting, letting me guided to an unknown location.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The sopranos. Jessica, Mary Elise, Lilly." Says someone, presumably Aubrey.

"The mezzos. Cynthia Rose, Stacie, Kori. And our altos. Fat Amy, Denise, Ashley, Beca and Brooklyn." The bag is pulled off of my head as soon as my name has been said, my hair flies everywhere.

Some strands land in front of my eyes and stick to my lips, making me push them out of the way and back behind my ears.

"We shall begin by drinking the blood of the sisters that came before us." I'm the first in line, making my face go pale.

"Don't worry, it's Boone's farm." Chloe whispers, then winks at me.

My heart flutters as a smile makes it way onto my face. I take a small sip and pass it back to Chloe, who now goes to Beca with the cup. When everybody's had their turn taking a sip from the cup, Chloe places it down on the table and takes her Bellas scarf into her hand.

"Now if you place your scarves in your right hand." Chloe says, I hold the yellow and blue scarf in my right hand like she told me to do.

"I, sing your name..." I do as I'm told, matching pitch with Beca unintentionally.

But all the rest sound like a cacophony, so out of tune that I cringe unwillingly and my eyes close, my nose scrunching up. It was actually like a pain to my ears.