Chapter 12

I'm gaining more confidence with each one of the girls. It took me a long time but I mastered all the instrument in the music studio, except for the accordeon.

My mom, dad and little brother are so proud of me because of that. Sometimes, when my father came home, we would play music together. Him mostly playing the drums and singing.

I would play electric guitar and sing. Or the piano, it depended on my mood. My mother still keeps everything there, for when I wanna use it. I really wanna play bass or piano right now.

That makes me think of the auditorium. I remember from practice that there is a piano there.

"Aubrey, the piano in the auditorium. Does it work?" I ask her. She looks weird at me first but now knows what I'm talking about.

"I don't know, it's been a long time since someone played on it. You can check it out if you want." I nod quietly.

"Okay, let's go. Let me put away my guitar first." I say, I stand up on one leg, trying to balance and put the ukelele in the box.

Then I hope over to my bed with my electric guitar and put it in its case, shoving it under my bed. My acoustic guitar is still in its place.

"Alright, let's go." I say with a smile.

Unlike with the other instruments, I love to play the piano in front of people. I've played at weddings from my friend's parents before.

We arrive in the auditorium and I immediately make my way over to the piano. It's only 3 pm right now. I take a chair, put my crutches against the piano and sit down on the chair and sit down on the chair in front of the piano.

I'm here with Chloe, Beca, Stacie and Fat Amy. I check quickly if the piano is okay, and when it is, I crack my fingers slightly with a smile.

"Give me a song please?" I ask in a polite manner, raising an eyebrow making some of the girls giggle.

"Why don't you play a song that you've written?" I hear Chloe say.

"Wait, you write music?" Stacie asks and I nod.

I play a tune on the piano. I'm singing the lyrics I sang before, the first time I had found my spot where now Donald and I broke up.

(Again, this is not my song. It's from the Chainsmoker)

Chashing
Hit a wall
Right now I need a miracle
Hurry up now
I need a miracle
Stranded
Reaching out
I call your name but you're not around
I say your name but you're not around

I need you, I need you, I need you right now
Yeah I need you right now
So don't let me, don't let me, don't let me down
I think I'm losing my mind now
It's in my head
Darling I hope
That you'll be here
When I need you the most
So don't let me, don't let me, don't let me down
D-don't let me down
Don't let me down

Don't let me down, down, down
Don't let me down
Don't let me down, down, down

Running
Out of time
I really thought you were by my side
But now there's nobody by my side

I need you, I need you, I need you right now
Yeah I need you right now
So don't let me, don't let me, dont't let me down
I think I'm losing my mind now
It's in my head
Darling I hope
That you'll be here
When I need you the most
So don't let me, don't let me, don't let me down
D-don't let me down
Don't let me down

Don't let me down, down, down
Don't let me down
Don't let me down, down, down

Oh, I think I'm losing my mind now
Yeah, yeah
Oh I think I'm losing my mind now
Yeah