Chapter 6

"Before everybody goes to bed tonight, I need you to make a list of everything you did wrong." Aubrey says, I resist the urge to roll my eyes, irritation growing even more by the minute.

It's obvious that the dude made up a rule to let the Treblemakers win. And even if it was a rule from the start, we should've gotten the win for practically making almost the whole pool sing with us.

"I'm gonna met that cabbage patch kid." Fat Amy says, making me nod along with her, "Right with you on that."

"Hey, guys, what we just did was great, right?" Beca asks, I'm about to answer her but Aubrey beats me to it with an irritated tone in her voice, "Calm your pits, Beca. We still lost." I simply sigh at the response.

For me, it's not always about winning. You gotta have fun with what you're doing as well. Otherwise, what's the point of doing it? It's the first time that I've had fun singing with others since my accident, I count that as a win.

"Yeah, but it was spontaneous. It was awesome. We were actually listening to..." Aubrey interrupts Beca, "Okay, everybody, hands in." I would've already lost my cool if she interrupted me that much.

"Ah, on my count." Aubrey puts her hand forward.

Everybody follows her lead but it's obvious that everybody has a lack of motivation to do so.

"On three or after three?" Stacie asks, leaving them up to discussion.

After a few back and forths we part our ways without actually executing the harmony Aubrey insists that we do. Chloe and I are walking alongside each other to our dorm.

"You know, the host is probably in favor with the Trebles. I bet he made that rule up on the spot. That should've been us winning." I say to Chloe, she nods.

"Yeah, you're probably right." She replies, slightly nodding her head as we continue walking.

"So I heard that you were the one whispering songs into everybody's ears." Chloe says.

"Yeah, a few of time. Stacie and Beca did theirs on their own accord. Beca just asked me for some assistance on hers." I tell her, a smile making it's way on my face.

A few times I had to shake my head out of my thoughts because of Chloe's voice ringing through my ears.

"Hello, earth to Brooklyn?" I snap out of my thoughts as soon as Chloe says that.

"Huh, what?" I ask with a confused tone in my voice, my eyebrows knitted together.

"Yeah, we are here." She replies.

I finally notice that we're in front of our dorm, making me close my eyes as I purse my lips together in a thin line. We proceed to walk inside, she giggles at my reaction.

"Okay, I'm gonna go to sleep. We have practice tomorrow." I say, she stops giggling but still has an amused smile on her face.

"Okay, goodnight sunshine." She says, I still love that nickname.

"Goodnight ginger." I reply, I fall asleep pretty quickly, giving the long day we had.

~next day~

We finished doing the song, and it was not horrible... Okay, it was pretty bad but I think with practice that we could get there. If everyone is willing to co-operate, but that doesn't seem to be happening as it's the old Bellas routine, and not a routine that brings out all of our strengths.

"I should've taken the cardio tip more seriously." Amy says in a tired voice as she pants.

"How much have you done?" Aubrey asks her.