Chapter 23

Suddenly I howl like a wolf and run away from the bar, with a bloodlust as high as my stomach's food capacity. My senses have advanced a lot.

When I smell blood, I run towards it and found a lonely boy walking around. I try to fight the urge back to kill him and think about Chloe.

I'm able to run away from the boy, into the woods, since I can run a lot faster now. I pant and look up, seeing a full moon. This can't be happening, I'm not a werewolf right? But how else would you explain everything that is happening to me?

I think while looking at my claws. As I take my phone out again as I unable the front camera. My eyes are a golden yellow, something that I didn't notice before. I take a photo without flash as for tomorrow.

Then I run back to the bar and when I'm in an alley next to the bar, I slow down, but don't know how to retact these features.

"Brooklyn, is that you?" I can hear Beca yell. I hide quickly, but my breath sound like I'm growling everytime.

"Brooklyn, I swear to God. If that isn't you I'm going crazy, cause this growling is freaking me out." I try to pull myself together, not to cry.

I didn't ask for this. Wait, if Beca's out here. Who's at the dj-booth?

"Beca, I'm scared." I say.

"Brook, what is it? Come here." She says and I try not to sob. I think I look ugly with these features.

"Promise not to scream." I say and she says yes.

I slowly come out, I'm still in the shadows. She comes closer to me and as soon as she sees me, she slaps a hand over her mouth.

"I-I got bit by something when going out with Chloe. A-and I didn't know it would do this to me. I'm scared Beca, Chloe doesn't know yet cause I found out this night and it's full and I don't know how to retract this but they make me ugly and..." she puts a hand on my shoulder.

"Easy, Brooklyn. Breath in and out. They were looking for you inside. I'll just say you went for a long stroll, come back in when everything is okay. Or do you want me to get Chloe?" I shake my head.

"No, I'll tell tomorrow. She's probably drunk right now." I say, Beca nods with a laugh.

"Ugh, go away please. I have a big urge to kill right now." I say, gripping my head tightly.

She nods and goes inside, as I fight the urge to kill. I howl loudly and fall onto my knees again, behind a container where nobody can see me.

I pant, my nails retract as does the hair on my cheeks, my fangs and my ears. I keep panting till I hear something.

"What was that?" That was Aubrey who talked.

"I don't know Aubrey. All I know is that Brooklyn is out there while this howling accurs." That is Stacie.

"Please, don't make it worse for me. I already hate that she's out there alone." Chloe, I hold my sobs and unlock my phone to look in my front camera, everything has retracted. I stand up and dust off my pants before coming out of the alley.

"Girls." I say, they all get scared.

After Chloe sees me, she flings her arms around my neck, pulling me into a tight hug.

"Jeez Brooklyn, don't scare us like that again." Stacie says and I put my arms around Chloe's waist, hugging her back.

"I'm sorry, didn't mean to scare you girls." I say, Aubrey gives me a weird look.

"Did you also hear that howl a few seconds ago?" She asks and I just nod.

"Yeah, that's why I came back. Thought that everyone would be scared knowing I was out there with an animal." I say and and rub circles on Chloe's back.