Chapter 10

So, this is it. I can't perform in the semi-finals. The rest comes back in, settling around me.

"Mom, she almost died." My little brother says, looking at me.

The tears are breaming in his eyes. I motion for him to come over to me and I hug him when he does.

"It's okay. I'm always going to keep you safe when I'm around you." I say as he cries softly.

"What happened actually? He couldn't say it, said it was his fault." Chloe asks, I look at her.

Then I look to Donald, as in asking him to tell everybody. He got the hint and tells everyone what happened.

"I knew you'd always take care of your little brother." My mom says, tears coming out of her eyes.

My little brother pulls away from the hug and goes to our mother.

"Girls, I uhm. I can't do the semi-finals. I have to walk on crutches for two weeks and then I have to rest one more week without dancing." Chloe gasps at what I said.

Donald already knows from when the doctor came in so he doesn't gasp anymore but he still gives a slight squeeze to my hand.

"And when do you get to leave the hospital?" She asks.

"I don't know, they didn't tell me and I haven't actually asked it either." I say, right after that the doctor comes in.

"I have more information regarding Miss Johnson. She can leave tomorrow. We'll have her one night here, to check if everything is okay." We all nod and the doctor leaves.

"You got an answer to your question now." I say and now we all smiled.

"You'll come watch us, right?" Beca asks, I nod.

"Ofcourse, it's not because I'm injured that I won't come." I say.

I'm kinda blaming myself for what happened. I should've watched where my little brother was going. If I had watched, then he wouldn't of fallen down on the train tracks and I wouldn't have to jump after him.

So it's my fault that I can't sing and dance with the Bella's, it's all my fault. Then again, there's a knock on the door as my doctor enters for the third time today.

"You have 30 minutes till visit hour is over." He says and leaves again. They all look back at me after he left.

"What do you say, we sing a song?" I ask with a smile.

They nod, I take a swig of water first. I start of the song since they said that I can pick which song we sing.

Can we pretend that airplanes
In night sky
Are like shooting start
I could really use a wish right now
Wish right now
Wish right now
Can we pretend that airplanes
In the night sky
Are like shooting stars
I could really use a wish right now
Wish right now
Wish right now

Donald is the one rapping this part. While us girl back him up with some vocals.

Yeah
I could use a dream
Or a genie or a wish
To go back to a place
Much simpler than this
Cause after all the partyin'
And the smashin' and crashin'
And all the lgitz and the glam
And the fashion
And all the pandemonium
And all the madness
There comes a time
Where you fade to the blackness
And when you're staring at that phone in your lap
And you hoping but them people never call you back
But that's just how the story unfolds
You get another chance soon after you fold
And when your plans unravel
And they sayin' what would you wish for
If you had one chance
So airplane, airplane sorry I'm late
I'm on my way so don't close that gate
If I don't make it back then I'll switch my flight
And I'll be right back at it by the end of the night