Chapter 7

"I'd like to make a mix with you one time." She says, now my smile almost reaches my ears.

"Keep you on that one." I say, and she goes back to her dorm.

I take out my guitar from the spot I hid it and I go to a place I found earlier when walking around the area.

It's a certain rooftop that gives me an amazing view over campus. I play a tune, singing my own song that I wrote.

(A/N: Not really my song. It's Chainsmokers - Don't let me down)

Crashing
Hit a wall
Right now I need a miracle
Hurry up now
I need a miracle
Stranded
Reaching out
I call your name but you're not around
I say your name but you're not around

I need you, I need you, I need you right now
Yeah I need you right now
So don't let me, don't let me, don't let me down
I think I'm losing my mind now
It's in my head
Darling I hope
That you'll be here
When I need you the most
So don't let me, don't let me, don't let me down
D-don't let me down
Don't let me down

Don't let me down, down, down
Don't let me down, don't let me down, down, down

Oh, I think I'm losing my mind now
Yeah, yeah
Oh I think I'm losing my mind now
Yeah

I need you, I need you, I need you right now
Yeah I need you right now
So don't let me, don't let me, don't let me down
I think I'm losing my mind now
It's in my head
Darling I hope
That you'll be here
When I need you the most
So don't let me, don't let me, don't let me down
D-don't let me down
Don't let me down

Oh yeah, don't let me down
Don't let me down, don't
Said don't let me down
Don't let me down
Don't let me down, down, down

And that's how I finished my song. I open my again, looking at the view in front of me. I pack my guitar again, go down from the building but not before glancing once more at the most amazing view.

Well no, that's Chloe. I walk down the stairs, tears in my eyes. I was the song I wrote when my dad got shot. My dad is in a high military rank so he's out most of the time in battle field.

He got shot and was in hospital for two months. When I reach my dorm, I walk inside and put my guitar away in the corner again and go into my bed.

I curl up in my blankets, my head hidden in my pillow. The incident is playing through y mind and I couldn't realise that I was letting out sobs until I felt somebody coming to sit next to me, the palm of a hand making circels on my back in an attempt to soothen me.

I look up at the person, seeing a blurry version of Chloe. My tears are staining my cheeks and pillow.

"What's wrong?" She asks carefully. I wipe away my ears, inhaling sharply.

"I was thinking about my incident, the reason why I had stopped singing in public." I say, her eyes giving me a caring look.

"Uhm, I was in high school. People told me off, saying that I can't sing. Me with my stubborn head didn't believe it. So I was about to perform a solo on live stage and a bukket of a gross sticky liquid that revealed to be puke dropped onto my head. They were booing me away, leaving me to run to the toilets where I began sobbing." I confess to the older girl.

Her face going to shock. I've never told anyone but my mom and dad. The worst of all is that I recognized one of them singing with the Trebles. I forgot his name already and it's good that I did forget.

"I mean, I still sang. But only locked up in my room. You're the first one that got me to sing in front of a small public again." A smile slowly creeps onto her face, joining with tears that come to her eyes now.