Chapter 18

My end pose is next to Beca, I'm doing a peace sign close to my right eye, that eye winking at the audience. A huge standing ovation is given to us, I can't believe it!

We all hug each other with big smiles on our faces. We go offstage, Beca heading towards our seats first to Jesse. I'm still jumping up and down, giggling like a fool.

When I see Jesse and Beca kiss, I smile to myself. Glad it could work out. Well, after knowing whether we won or not, I'm going to express my feelings with a song I wrote for Chloe.

I wasn't paying attention for the score until second place was being mentioned.

"Second place, the Barden University Treblemakers." Omg, omg, omg. Did we win?

"And first place goes to the Barden University Bellas!" My mouth hangs open and my eyes are open wide.

"OMG!" I yell and hug the first Bella I see. Surprise, surprise, it's Chloe standing closest to me.

She returned the hug and we all go to the stage, accepting the prize. I nod to Beca, as in 'I'm going to the spot right now' and I get a nod back as an answer. My guitar was backstage so I took it and went to my spot to get ready.

Taking my guitar out of my case, I make sure to put my case somewhere where it won't fly away with the wind. I hear voices, I get ready with guitar in hand.

Beca appears with her hands in front of Chloe's eyes, mouthing me succes and I begin playing the melody on my guitar. Beca takes her hand of Chloe's eyes and leaves us alone.

(Again, this is not my song. The original is 'Austin and Ally - Stuck on you')

Ooh...ooh...yeah
Okay maybe I'm shy
But usually I speak my mind
But by your side
I'm tongue tied
Sweaty palms
I turn red
You think I have no confidence
But I do
Just not with you

Now I'm singing all the words
I'm scared to say
Yeah

So forgive me
If I'm doing this so wrong
I'm trying
My best in this song to tell you
What can I do
I'm stuck on you
I'm hoping
You feel what I do
Cause I told
Mom about you
I told her
What can I do
I'm stuck on you
And like the night
Sticks to the moon
Girl, I'm stuck on you

Ooh...ooh...yeah
Look at me
Perfectionist
Yeah I'm a workaholic
But on my phone
I feel at home
I don't like rules
But make my bed
Floss to keep my teeth perfect
Yeah it's true
I got issues
So I'm singing all the words
I'm scared to say
Yeah

So forgive me
If I'm doing this so wrong
I'm trying my
Best in this song to tell you
What can I do
I'm stuck on you
I'm hoping
You feel what I do
Cause I told
Mom about you
I told her
What can I do
I'm stuck on you
And like the night
Sticks to the moon
Girl, I'm stuck on you

And with a last strum of my guitar, I keep looking at Chloe. "I-I don't know what to say." She says, a small smile on her face. With the strap, I place the guitar on my back.

"Look, since the day I met you in our dorm, I got lost in your eyes. I was amazed by your dazzling smile. Whenever we hug, I never want it to end. In my darkest night, I search you because you're my comfort. I like you Chloe, and I don't say it out of habit or to make a conversation. I say it to remind you that you're the best that ever happened to me." I confess, I see the tears in her eyes.

She comes closer to me and leans in. I also lean in and our lips meet softly, sparks flying through the air. My hands wrap around her waist and she puts hers around my neck.

Unfortunately, we have to pull away for air. She rests her head on mine. Our smiles are the brightest they've ever been and we remain silent. And it's not an awkward one. Our hands remain in the same position.