Chapter 17

"Don't scold at us, we're just in time." I say with a big smile on my face.

"Alright, I got a few things to try out." I say, dropping my bag on one of the seats in the tribune.

We try out all the different things and applied the things that all worked out. Later on I pulled Beca aside.

"Could you do me a favor?" I ask her quietly, she nods.

"Yeah, spill it." She says, I breath out.

"After the finals, before celebrating or mourning. Lead Chloe to the place that I will show you after practice. Imma have the guts to tell her that I like her, well tell her. More like sing it to her." I say.

She nods and after Beca wants to say something but Chloe approaches happily so she doesn't.

"What are you talking about?" I give Beca a quick glance and spill something.

"Something new I wanna try. Girls!" I say, catching everybody's attention.

"I've got something I wanna try." I say, the nod and I place them in a certain position.

When I see how everybody's places, I notice that I've placed myself in the back but I'm so small that nobody will be able to see me.

"Hold on, I'm too small." I say, making some of the Bellas laugh.

"We've noticed, cupcake." I rearrange the positions and now it looks so much better.

We've been busy for hours. I take my water bottle, drinking a lot from it. I'm so happy that I brought six bottles of water, all containing one and a half liter. I only have two left, tells you much we've been training.

"Shit, you've got to be kidding me. I ran out of water." I hear Chloe curse
Knitting my eyebrows together, I take a watter bottle from my bag.  That leaves me to one more bottle in my bag and a quarter.

"Chloe, here take it."  I say, passing her the water bottle.

"No, that's yours." She says.

"Come on. I have another bottle in my bag and I already drank three bottles. Take it, please." I say, insisting on it.

She takes it with a huge smile and starts drinking. I see Beca give me a playfull grin and I roll my eyes with a smile. When I look back at Chloe, she has finished half the bottle.  She closes the bottle and puts it down, smiling at me.

"Thanks." My smile got wider.

"No problem, ginger." I say, drinking the quarter I had left, putting along with the other empty bottles.

-few days before finals-

I'm growing more nervous each day, sometimes finding myself pacing around on a roof of some building I managed to climb on with either a staircase or a ladder.

Reminding me that it is exactly what I'm doing right now. We had repetition half an hour ago, so a thin layer of sweat is glistening on my forehead. And also from retrying the choreography over and over again in fear that I would forget the steps that I managed myself.

Finally I sit down with my back against a wall. I've just done the choreography again, along with the parts that I should be singing.  The last few weeks I've been working my butt off for the finals.

I keep going eve though I could get over-exhausted. I take my phone and dial my mom's number.

"Hey honey." My mother says. "Hey, mom. Uhm, we're going to the ICCA's finals with the Bellas. It's in three days and I was wondering if you can come with Jonas?" I ask her, standing back up to pace again.