SPRING // 2

friday, 6:30am, home

I don't want to go to Dad's. I want to stay here with Mommy.

I sighed and looked at Nano. He was wearing shorts with a Misfit muscle t-shirt.

"I'll ask your Dad if I can get you tomorrow, okay?" I sighed. Nano smiled and kissed my nose, running for the bus before it drove off without him. I watched him get on, and then watch the bus depart.

I walked back to my room to get dressed. Today I wore an A$AP Rocky shirt with purple converse. Purple Swag. I checked my book bag and it was packed. I made my lunch again today, and it was much healthier. I was excited today because I had my art show tonight. I had an hour to spare, so what could I do? Maybe an addition painting for tonight? I have an hour . . .

I ran back to my room. I got a canvas and opened my jars of paint. It was special and only used in rushed situations, like this one, because this paint was quick drying. I quickly painted the canvas black. I'd gathered thumb sized jars I had and filled them with different colors. I grabbed a small fan I'd gotten from Six Flags from my closet. I spilled each little jar of paint, one by one, each two seconds apart. I turned the fan on and hovered it over the spilling painting, making it run down much faster. I made a little asterisk at the end of each falling line.

After five minutes, all the paint had dried in 20 minutes. This rush made me even more excited. I sent Mr. Lopez an email telling him I painted another painting. Before I forgot, I signed it with my famous signature: DrMa.

I walked into Mom's room. She was awake and on her phone. She smiled when she saw me.

"Good morning!" I cheered. She laughed a little and I kissed her on her cheek. "Bye! Love you!"

I put my painting in another recyclable bag and ran out of the house with my painting in hand. I rode my penny board ride when I got out of the door. I played Come Get It Bae by Pharrell. It rang in my ears as I rode down the street.

Then I got a call from Mom telling me I left my book bag at home.

friday, 8:00am, Denim's house

"Hey Dee!" Dad called from downstairs. Bang barked and ran downstairs. I slipped on my HUF socks and Sperrys.

"Yeah!" I called out, walking down the stairs with my book bag on my back.

"Your Mom and I are going to an Art show tonight." He told me. I remembered that Mr. Lopez said he would give me those tickets to his art show.

"Me too." I agreed.

Dad looked up from his magazine and Mom peeked around the corner of the kitchen. "Which one?" Mom asked. I walked towards the kitchen.

"My Art teacher's." I shrugged. "I'm pretty excited, I saw some of it at school and-"

"You saw it?" Mom and Dad asked in unison.

I chuckled. "Yeah so-"

"Are you saying that a kid at your school makes that art?"

I poked out my lips. "Now that I think about it, yeah, I think so."

"Well, I've been trying to get ahold of that art for months." Dad said, rubbing his chin, pacing. "That art's not even his, he just shows it. You have to put in an order for a painting, and I've always gone blank ordering, so I never did."

"Well, can I bring the guys along?" I asked, meaning Jax, Cayron, and Berah. Now I was excited after the rush of adrenaline.

"Yeah, just ask your teacher." Mom scolded. I nodded, continuing the group chat over my phone with Jax, Chase, and Berah that had started months ago.