SUMMER // 5

It was our second to last day in Monaco, and now we were walkin through the town to get to the beach. We were in a nice small place right outside of Monte Carlo, which was the actual city. It was also extremely expensive.

While we were walking, we took pictures of the city, the town, and ourselves. We took pictures of the city with my Polaroid, and we took selfies on Denim's phone.

There was this one I really liked where I was smiling while Denim was smiling.

"I like that one most." I pointed that specific one in his album.

"I like the one where I'm kissing you. But yeah, I like it. You look nice."

I thanked him and took into consideration what I was wearing: the navy blue one piece with a navy blue maxi skirt. Denim had on his shorts, and he was shirtless.

I felt my phone buzz from inside my bathing suit strap, and I pulled it out. My screen glowed with an Instagram notification:

"denim.royalty took a photo of you!"

My Instagram wasn't extremely popular besides the five hundred and odd followers is gained from writing. People from school also followed me (mainly Denim, Autumn, Cayron, Berah, and Jax). I had maybe 15 photos, most of them myself and artsy pictures.

I unlocked my phone to view the notification. Denim posted the picture of us about a minute ago, and it already had a little over 10 likes. Denim was extremely popular on Instagram, having over 3000 followers, the majority active.

"Why did you post it?" I whined playfully, nudging him a little but.

He laughed and wrapped his arm around my shoulder. "Read it."

I looked back at my phone and read the caption.

"In Monaco with bae, bout to go to the beach, chillin."

Aww. I liked the photo, and I gave Denim a kiss on the cheek. We continued to walk to the beach.

Once we got there, there were lots of people. I'm glad it wasn't a nude beach, either.

I cringed at the thought, and we set down our towels not too far away from the water. As soon as I took off my skirt, Denim picked me up and began running towards the water. I screamed as he ran in, and the water was lukewarm. He plunged us both underwater, and I held my breath. After a few seconds, he pulled us both back up.

"DENIM!" I yelled at him, and he kissed me.

I breathed heavily out of my nose, and my arms were around his neck. His hands went around my waist, and he pulled me towards him. I felt his hands lower towards my ass, and he squeezed hungrily.

I laughed and pulled away, and he pecked my lips.

We played around in the water for a while, and the waves crashed down on us several times. We would swim towards them, far out in the ocean where my feet couldn't touch the ground, and Denim held me underwater as the waves carried us back to shore.

After three hours of doing that over and over again, we left the beach. I was extremely cold, and I wrapped myself in a damp towel to keep warm. We walked back to the hotel, getting some snacks out of the concierge first.

I didn't take a shower because the salt water was cleansing to my hair and skin. I did rinse off my body with some hot water, then I dressed in some pajamas. It was only about 7, but I was extremely tired. Denim took a shower and he got into bed. We were both on our phones until 11. Denim was half asleep when I began to poke his side.

"What?" He grumbled.

"I'm bored." I pouted. Denim looked at me for a few seconds, no facial expression shown.

"What do you want to do about it then?"

I bit my lip, then I finally spoke. "Remember when we were at that little bonfire at Jax's house?"

"Mhm." He hummed.

"Remember when we talked about . . ."

His neck turned to me so fast I thought he would get whiplash. "What about it?"

I was referring to the most awkward part of the conversation of everything at Jax's house.

Having sex.

I was the only virgin attending the bonfire, but I don't think it was that obvious until I realized that 99% percent of loners are virgins. And the chances were not on my side (depending on your opinion).

Some of them described sex in great deal, saying it's one of the best things they've ever done. It seemed like the more they described it in detail, I thought more and more: How many times have you had sex? But that's none of my business.

So the little awkward virgin me sat there and listened, and me and Denim seemed to grow farther apart. Our arms weren't touching, our legs weren't touching, and no eye contact was made. I know he probably didn't feel awkward around the topic when he wasn't around me, but then, it was extremely awkward.

I just wanted to disappear into mid air when the topic was brought up, knowing I wouldn't know what anyone was talking about at that moment.

"I heard your conversation while I was in the bathroom." I confessed.

Denim nodded and kept his gaze with me. "I don't plan to try anything. I think it's too early."

I nodded. I began to turn on my side, but Denim grabbed my hand. "If you ever want to try anything, just tell me."

"Okay." I leaned forward to peck him on the lips.

"Night."

"Night."

-

sorry for the shit update. school is booty.