SPRING // 9

friday, 7:50am, home

There were some benefits to Nano being adopted. I didn't have to wake up as early, and he didn't have to go to his Dad's house. It was a total win-win.

Today was the last day of school, and I decided to wear something besides sweatpants. Instead, I wore some shorts with a jean sleeveless shirt with some blue high tops to match. You can never go wrong with converse.

I honestly couldn't wait to get to school. For the last day, my shook went all out. I always went skating and rock climbing. There was also dodgeball, basketball, football, soccer, tug of war, and trampolines. It was all pretty cool. I'm glad we didn't have to worry about signing yearbooks. We got those signed on Tuesday. My bag was also barely full, only containing a book, my journals, & writing utensils.

Before I left, I checked on Mom. When I saw her, I almost broke Dow. She had dried tear stains on her face, along with dried blood on her lips. Some of it got onto the pillow.

"Mom!" I yelled, running to her side.

"I'm not dead." She mumbled nonchalantly, turning on her back b

"You're obviously not doing well, so I'm going to stay here." I began to pull the covers off of her.

"No you're not. You're going to school." She shook her head, pulling the covers back.

"Mom, stop it. That's crazy. You're not doing well and I have to stay."

"You're going to school, Drew!" She said in a stern tone, almost yelling and opening her eyes. I jumped back a little, startled. "Ray said he would be coming over, anyway." She grumbled, burying herself under the covers.

"Okay." I sighed. I walked towards the door then turned back around. I hugged her frame. "Love you."

She rose and kissed my forehead. "Love you too."

Once u got back to my room to pick up my bag and phone, I saw that I had a message from Denim. He was asking if I needed a ride to school. Of course I need to ride to school, Denim. I always need a ride.

Within minutes, he was in my driveway. He gestured me to sit in the backseat. I could see Berah in the front, and when I opened the back door, I saw Cayron and Jax. I waved and made my way to the middle. I talked to Jax, since I had only seen him a few times.

"You smoke?" I turned to him.

He nodded and leaned his head against the window. "Yeah, I do. Only when I'm stressed, which is, like, all the time."

"Oh." I nodded and looked forward. "So what are y'all gonna do today?" I was trying to make conversation.

"Basketball." They said in unison.

I heightened my eyebrows. Wow. I could see why they're best friends.

"What are you gonna do?" Jax asked.

"Skating mostly." I sighed.

"I bet you bust your ass skating." Berah said, turning.

"Not as much as you do." I joked.

Everyone started laughing, and Berah just started laughing. Denim looked at me through the rearview mirror. Through the entire ride, I watched him sneak quick glances at me.

When we pulled up to the school, there were a lot of people in the front more than usual. Denim let us out in the front, and Cayron was by my side the entire time.

"Why are you following me?" I nudged him a little, and be smirked and he nudged me back.

"Cause I'm like a big brother."

handle [discontinued]जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें