Winter

Winter: Maybe's & Not At All's

"There's always gonna be an us, right?"

"Sure."

thursday, 9:59am, hallway

It was getting colder quickly by the days that passed, and we were already halfway through November.

Cayron told me how he found out that we were step-brother and step-sister. When he saw Nano at the hospital, he was surprised but decided not to say anything since it was a sensitive time. He would babysit Nano while Chance was gone.

I had come to realize that Cayron did not ever see me with Nano at any time in my entire life. Also that he didn't know his mother; she was also the one who had caused all these of these problems. When my Chance was found guilty of cheating and was busy raising another child of his own, that child was Cayron. Cayron found an old album of Mom and Dad's wedding in Dad's study, and he saw everything. Even me.

Now I was going to class, and I saw Autumn in the hallway so I decided to walk with her. We were headed to the same class, French.

We were given an interviewing activity, and since I didn't know most that well, I worked with Autumn. The teacher advised to worked with people we didn't know well, and I thought it would be best to work with Autumn since I did want to get to know her better.

An hour and a half later, we hurried out of class as the bell rung.

"What lunch do you have?" She asked. "We can finish the questions and turn it in tomorrow."

"B lunch."

"Same!" We both squealed. "I hate because I really need to be able to eat first."

"Yeah, I have to bring this big snack to fulfill my hunger."

"Well, we finish the packet at lunch. I sit at the tables near the line."

I nodded and turned to the door of my classroom. "Bye." I waved.

No one was in Photography with me now. It was best since I needed to focus, and I had struggles to keep this grade at a low A.

I wasn't great at multitasking, but while I worked I would snack, listen to music, and text Monroe. As usual, she was complaining about how engineering sucked booty butt cheek. I sent the laughing emoji and told her that it was the least interesting class to take. I had made the mistake in my freshman year. She asked if we wanted to go out tonight, and I said yeah and that I would ask Autumn.

30 minutes later, the bell rang dismissing us for lunch. I wanted to work quickly with Autumn on this packet then come back to work and eat. I walked out, packet in hand, to the lunchroom by myself since Autumn's class was nearest to the lunchroom. I walked in and quickly got a school lunch: salad and mozzarella sticks with lemonade.

I found her table, which was near some underclassmen. She had brought her own lunch, already eating with her phone in hand. I sat across from her and she looked up.

"Hey." She waved since her mouth was full of food. She pulled out a pen.

"So," she clapped her hands together. "Let's get to it."

In between our inverted French, I asked her if she would like to hang out with Monroe and I tonight. She agreed; she had already completed all of her schoolwork during class.

I put us all in a group chat, and I asked for suggestions from both of them what we should do. The main suggestions were bowling, skating, and eating out, and skating was the winner. After school we would come to my house and wait for a little while then go.

To be honest, all of us just wanted to go with each other and let the boys do their own thing.

Once we had finished the packet, Monroe said she would turn it in and that she was going to use the rest of her lunchtime to finish school work. I was doing the same; I was on my way back to the art classroom. I was the only one there, besides my art teacher.

While I was working, Mr. Lopez came in. I waved and he came to sit across from me. I'd seen him last week, his Tuesday night art show was a hit. It was the last one since I was going to college soon, and I had to focus on my schoolwork.

"You're applying for college soon, right?" His eyes hinted up, observing the photos I had taken.

I turned the photos 180 degrees so he could see better. "Yeah, I'm trying to get it done early. I might be doing it tomorrow or Saturday."

"Ok, well I have your most recent portfolios. I wanted to keep them so they would be safe. And email the PDF so I can fill out my part of the application."

-

School had ended a few hours ago; right now it was about 8 at night. Monroe, Autumn, and I were in the car on our way to a popular skating rink a little ways from my house.

We got there soon enough, and we stepped out of the car. Autumn brought her own skates, so only Monroe and I had to pay. I bought a locker and we put our shoes and purses in there.

For about an hour, we skated together, and Autumn and I helped Monroe since she fell easily. There were these boys who were in a corner, standing there with their skates on.

But they weren't skating.

"What are they doing?"

They had gotten here before we did, and even an hour ago they were still on their phone. We passed them, and then one of them got up and began skating.

The one that got up flew past us and began talking to Autumn. Thirty minutes had passed and both Monroe and I were waiting for Autumn and the guy to stop talking so we could leave.

Soon enough, she came to take off her skates and put on her shoes.

"What was his name?" Monroe asked in a sleepy voice.

"Cairo. He gave me his number." She waved her phone, the new contact on the screen.

"How do you think Cayron's gonna feel?"

She shrugged her shoulders. "I don't know. We aren't dating."

SORRY I HAVENT UPDATED IK SCHOOL IS BOOTY BUTT CHEEK. HOPEFULLY I CAN UPDATE SOONER. SORRY THIS CHAPTER SUCKED.