AUTUMN // 5

I sat down in the chair across from the principal's office, next to Cayron. He was calm and collected, which I was confused about. I waved, and he nodded his head.
"I'm not scared. All that's gonna happen is a scolding and a talking to about my past behavior, then 10 days of OSS."

"You know that's on your record, right?"

"Yeah."

We said nothing after that, and then I could hear the principal talking to Berah with agitation in his voice. By the the silhouettes present, I could tell that Berah was calm.

"What happened? I want to know and Denim is really angry."

"Shit, I would be angry too. Somebody talk about my girlfriend, I'm beating they ass." He smirked and laughed.

"Then why didn't Denim fight him?"

Personally, I would love to see anyone get in a fight. Not if they were my friends though, especially since they were fighting one another. I didn't even know who Denim was really mad at.

Cayron played with his thumbs, then I looked at his red and swollen knuckles. "Denim was helping Avi & his parents fill out this thing for his residence or something. Meanwhile, Berah and I were waiting on him at the spot we usually we for y'all at. We were talking then Berah decided to say some shit about you." His fists were clenching, and by his heavy breathing he was not calm.

"What did he say?"

Cayron rolled his eyes before he spoke. "He was talking about your body, and how he would smash since Denim didn't get a chance to."

I had an idea that Berah liked me, but I chose to ignore it. As for Cayron, I knew he didn't like me; I could tell he had eyes for Autumn.

The principal came out, taking Cayron and sending Berah out.

I stood up from the chair to leave then Berah grabbed my wrist. "Let go of me."

"Please." He protested. "Just hear me out."

I rolled my eyes. "I don't hear anything you have to say, Berah. You shouldn't talk about me when you know I'm taken, and that's it."

He pulled me back to him and managed to bring his lips to mine, but I pushed him away before he could go any further.

"You're a horrible friend." I spat.

I turned around and left to see Avi watching us. He was holding some papers in his hands, and his mouth was closed and his face was calm. I huffed in frustration as I walked over to him.

"What was that all about?" He asked with a smirk.

"It's complicated. But do not tell Denim what you just saw."

Avi shook his head. "I'm not going to do that. Besides, I've seen too much drama here in 24 hours."

--

When I went back to class, Cayron texted me while I was completing an assignment.

"You know your my sister right?"

"Ya. You tell me all the time."

"No, like literally you are my sister."

"What do you mean?" I know my mom's never cheated before.

"Chance. He's my dad."