SUMMER // 4

"Drew."

"Drew."

"Time to wake up. We're here."

My eyes slowly crept open. Denim was standing in the aisle, and I could feel that the plane was still. I opened the plane window, and the sky was a pink color. It was supposed to be day, then I remembered that Monaco is six hours ahead.

"Okay." I sat up. "Let's go."

We were the first ones off the plane, and we left the airport as soon as possible. Denim called his parents, telling them that we made it. We got a taxi to Monte Carlo, which was about a thirty minutes ride. I'm glad they took American cash, or else he would've been very mad.

"Merci beaucoup." I thanked him as we exited the car.

We walked inside the hotel. It was small with only about three floors,but it was nice and it felt homely and inviting.

"Bonjour," I said to the woman at the front desk. She ave me a smile. "Nous pouvons avoir une chambre?" I asked.

"Combien de temps dure votre sejour?" Denim was standing next to me, looking confused as ever.

"Trois jours ." I clarified and she nodded. She wrote down things in a little notebook, and then she told me how much I needed to pay. I gave her our names, and Denim's dad credit card, and she swiped it. She handed it back to me with a smile.

"You are Americans?"

"Oh!" I was surprised to see she could speak a little English. I smiled and Denim chuckled a little bit.

"You here for honeymoon? You and husband very pretty couple. Newlyweds love my hotel. That's why I call it Couples Seulement. Couples only."

I looked at Denim, and he smiled nervously. "Thank you."

She gave us our room key which said 4-7, and we went up to our room. It was very exquisite for such a small room, and I'm glad we stayed here rather than somewhere extremely expensive. There was also a bay window that gave us the perfect view of the beach.

"This is really nice." I breathed as I laid back on the bed. I got my bag and began putting my clothes in the drawers.

"Do we really look that old?" Debim asked as he lay back on the bed.

"She wasn't calling us old. She just said we were a cute couple." I shrugged and put my bag in the closet. "And next time we go to a hotel, remind me to look at the name."

We both unpacked, and I took a shower, putting on some fresh clothes. Denim did the same, and we decided to get out of the hotel and explore.

"I saw this nice restaurant about a block from here."

We walked to the restaurant, and a waiter sat us down at a table. We ordered drinks, and soon the waiter came back to take our order. We ordered the same thing, steak-frites, and we started a conversation about what we wanted to do while we were here.

"I wanted to go to the beach and probably go shopping."

"I'm up for whatever." Denim shrugged. "I'm just glad it's only me and you." I smiled and blushed a little.

We finished our dinner and walked back to the hotel. Denim pulled out his phone and called his mom, telling her that we just ate and we were about to go to bed. The jet lag was getting to me and it was only 8pm.

When we walked up to our room, and I opened the door, I took something into consideration.

There was not one bed.