Autumn

Autumn: Old New Faces

ϟ "Best friends?"

"Best friends."

monday, 7:45, Barnes Rd.

This was my final year in highschool, and I knew I was gonna go out with a bang. It was surprising because I talked to many more people now, but I knew who my closer friends were.

Monroe and I became the best of the friends, talking everyday nonstop. We even went to the mall to go shopping and see a movie. She'd told me that her parents were glad that she made a friend and school hadn't started. We decided that when school started, I'd pick her up from her parent's apartment and I would drive to school.

This morning, I chose to wear some tribal print pants and a black and white Kid Cudi graphic shirt. When I arrived to her apartment complex, she was waiting for me. I pulled up to the curb and unlocked the door. Monroe got in and closed the door, and I looked at what she was wearing: a striped shirt with a camo jacket and some jeans. It looked cute on her short self, and she smiled when she saw I was looking at her.

"What?"

"Oh," I tried to recall what I was gonna say. "You want to go to Starbucks? We have 30 minutes before school starts, and one of my friends works there."

"Yeah sure." She agreed.

I drove off, driving to the Starbucks near her apartment. When we got there, I waved to Jax, who was taking orders behind the counter. He obtained a job here at the beginning of August, and he would give me discounts.

"Ooh," Monroe cooed. "He's cute."

"Yeah, that's one of my boyfriend's friends." I walked to the counter and Jax was there to take my order.

"Hey, Dre," he greeted and I waved. "And who is this?" He was referring to Monroe, biting his lip.

"I'm Monroe." She smiled and cheesed. Jax slowly nodded and licked his lip.

"What would you like, babe?"

I swear I saw Monroe blush, and after then she nervously laughed. "A Green Tea, venti, would be fine."

Jax tapped on the computer in front of him, and he handed me a receipt. "It's on me." He obliged, winking at Monroe.

"Thanks." We said in unison, and we walked to the other side waiting for our drinks to be finished.

On the way to school, Monroe was talking nonstop about Jax. I could immediately tell that she was crushing by the way she spoke about him. I was happy for her; I was pretty sure he liked her too. On her coffee cup he left his number, and she quickly logged it into her contacts.

"He has a nice ass too." She said out of the blue as we walked up to the school.

I laughed at her randomness, but I wasn't judging her at all.

On the steps, as usual, were Denim, Cayron, Berah, and Autumn. Cayron and Autumn were busy talking while Denim and Berah conversed.

I walked over to them and we all grouped hugged, Berah yelling squad in the process. Then I greeted them all individually, giving Denim a long kiss for pulling back for air.

Monroe stood there watching us, and I had to introduce her. She got to know everyone quickly, and I knew she would fit in well.

The bell for Advisement rang, and I walked to class. They gave us our schedule and I posted it to my snapchat trying to see who I had classes with the fastest. I found out that I had the majority of my 1 1/2 hour classes with my friends. 1 class and lunch with Monroe and 2 classes with Denim. Surprisingly, 3 of my classes were with Cayron.

It was so weird because I was so popular now; everyone was waving at me. Most of them I knew in middle and my freshman year, and they began to associate with me again. My squad were my real friends, everyone else I just associated with.

The classes were quick and social, seniors not having as much work since it was our last year, just study material. My first exam was in a week and I had to cram. I'm really gonna try to focus on my studies this year (as I do every year) because after this it's college.

The first day of school was over before I knew it, and I was already dropping Monroe off back home again. I stopped over by the August's house, and Nano asked if he could spend the night.

"The first day was pretty good, so I guess it's fine."

Nano was in his room, packing his overnight bag as quick as ever. He told me how Chance came over to have lunch with him, asking how his first day was. Nano didn't mind, but Mrs. August was furious. She didn't allow him on campus anymore, and I thought it was pretty funny.

I helped him into the car, in and mid drive towards home, Denim called.

"Hey, you start studying that packet for Lit?"

"I didn't get a packet for today." I pulled onto the road and Nano waved towards the phone. "Nano says hey, by the way."

"Hi Nano!" Denim screeched, and I laughed. "And ok, you'll probably get it tomorrow. Then all of us can get together and study."

I agreed with him, and he kissed me goodnight over the phone even though it was only 7 at night. Nano asked for some macaroni and cheese for dinner, and I said I would make him some, even though it wouldn't be good as our grandmothers.

By 8 pm, I had finished making the entire macaroni, and I was proud of myself. It was really good, and I ate with Caesar dressing as usual. I packed some for lunch for the next day, and then Nano took a shower.

Monroe called me on FaceTime, and I proudly picked up.

"Hellooooooo." I greeted sleazily, eating some more of the macaroni.

"Hello." She smiled, looking on her computer. "I am trying to see when I can update today. I was writing today in class but it wasn't enough."

"I can't wait for the next update."

"Not telling you anything, tho." She smirked, typing away on her computer.

"Well, you haven't texted me since we left school." I brought up, trying to find another topic to talk about. "Have you been talking to Jax?"

Monroe avoided me, then out of the corner of her eye, she looked at me and smiled sheepishly. "You dirty whore!"

She laughed and collapsed on her bed. We always called each other that when the time was right. She was still laughing at my open, round mouth, and I let out a laugh with her. "Jax, innit?" I guessed with a British accent.

She slowly nodded and laughed again. "And let me tell you, he is nice to talk to." She smirked, then she put me on pause. A few seconds later, I received a photo on my messages from Monroe, and I checked it. It was a picture of Jax shirtless with his tongue out in his bathroom, in a funny pose.

I laughed and saved the picture for later, going back to FaceTime. "That's cute." She agreed, biting her lip.

Nano walked in the room with his pajamas on, and his board in hand. He handed it to me and I read it.

" Goodnight. :) "

I hugged him and handed him the board. "Night, love." I kissed him on the cheek and he walked out of the room, ready to hit the bed.

- characters on the side