Chapter III| TRAINING TO HAVE CHILDREN

6 months later...
Elizabeth's POV
-Jack!
-What happens? Are you ok?-he asked worried
-Yes, don't worry, come downstairs!-I yelled
-Coming!!
He went downstairs curious to know what was happening:
-Do you remember Robert's sister?
-Yes, what with them?
-Their parents asked us to look after her and Robert.
-I think it's a very good idea, we will be training to have children of our own.
  Then he kisses me and goes outside.
-Where are you going?
-To do my rounds
I went to Abigail's house to ask her if she had some salt. Once I was there I saw Cody crying on the stairs. I was really surprised, such a joyful boy crying:
-Cody! What happens?!
-It's Becky...-he says sniffling
-What happened?! Is she ok?
-I wish she wasn't...- he says angry
-Hey, don't talk like that. Remember when Becky was away?How you missed her?
-She's not like before anymore. She doesn't play with me and she just shouted at me!
-Don't worry...-I said while hugging him- I'll talk to her.
Jack's POV
  I went to our house to look for Elizabeth and I couldn't find her, so I went to Abigail's house and looked through the window, and I found her hugging Cody. My heart was melting, all that maternal skills she has. She is always right when it's about kids.
Elizabeth's POV
I knocked on Becky's door:
-Cody! Go away! I have to study!- she yelled from inside
-It's not Cody, I'm Miss Thornton.
-Come in.
-Becky...- I said while I entered the room- I found Cody crying in the stairs...
-He's such a baby...- she said interrupting me.
-He's just a kid. Kids receive everything worst than it is. If someone shouts at them they probably will start crying.
-He was bothering me all day. He wanted to play with me, but I can't. I tried to tell it to him nicely, but he wouldn't listen.
-Next time be a little bit more patient, but I'll talk to him and I'll try to make him understand. I can help you study and then you can play with a Cody for a while. Now go to tell him you are sorry, ok?
-I think it's a great idea.
Then they apologized and said they loved each other. I started thinking that one day, I hoped soon, I would have one of my own, with Jack of course.

I got the salt and then went home, satisfied with what I done. When I arrived I found Jack congratulating me for my work. I was confused, but then he explained he wanted to know where I was. Then we went to Robert's house to pick them up.
-Jack!Elizabeth!Hello- she said sweetly-Thank you for taking care of them
-You are welcome. I'm sure we'll have a lot of fun.
-Oh! And her name is Elizabeth, after you, that brought hope when we needed it the most.
-It's an honour, Thank you- I told her while a tear went down through my cheek.
  It was sunset, so we stopped when we went up the hill, to see it. It was beautiful, and it was even better because I was holding a baby. Then we entered our house and I cooked dinner while Jack was getting the baby bottle ready. Then I could see him feeding the baby. That's when I thought we were ready to have one of our own. Then we had dinner and everything went just fine.

It was around midnight and I woke up to hear little Elizabeth crying. I went and held her and singed her a lullaby, and then she calmed down. She just felt alone. Then I went to check on Robert and he was just fine. I went to the room, but suddenly I felt like a knife went through my stomach,but there wasn't. It hurted a lot, but I decided to try to get some sleep and probably I would feel better by the morning.
Jack's POV
  I woke up in the morning surprised, I saw Elizabeth asleep and she always wakes up before me. I went downstairs to make breakfast, but I burnt everything, so I went to Abigail's cafe and asked her for something. Then I took it home and woke everyone up. I woke up my wife, but she looked in a really bad shape. She told me she had a really bad stomachache:
-So I'll go ask RoseMary to replace you-I told her
-No, I have to go to school. I am the teacher, I can't be absent just because something hurts.
-Elizabeth, I won't let you. You are in a really bad shape. I'll take care of the kids and take Robert to school. I'll bring you breakfast
-Jack...
-No- I said interrupting her- if you are going out, it's to see a doctor.

Sorry, all the chapters are really short, it's just that if they are shorter you can have a chapter sooner. Thank you for reading❤️