Chapter IV| THE NEWS

Elizabeth's POV
  I was 2 weeks feeling bad, I missed my students and going out to walk with Jack. I liked that Jack would lay with me on bed, hugged me and kissed me. I tried to go to the doctor a million times, but I never got the strength. Then I thought that if I didn't go to the doctor I would never get better. It was a beautiful morning and all I wished was to feel as good as the day. I got dressed and then ,tired and with a horrible headache, I went to the Infirmary. When I arrived Faith received me.
-Elizabeth! Lay down over here- she said nicely- What happened to you? You look devastated.
-I am.
-So, why are you here?
-I had really bad headaches and stomachaches, but no fever.
She checked my blood pressure, my eyes, my ears etc.
-Well, this is something Dr. Shepherd should take care of.
-Is it serious?- I asked worried.
-No, the opposite.
Then, Faith went to look for Carson while I closed my eyes to rest. I heard they were talking, but I just wanted to rest.
-Hello Elizabeth! Can I check on you?
-Yes of course.
He did what Faith did and more. And then he asked me some questions and said:
-Well, congratulations! You are pregnant!
I couldn't stop my tears for coming out. I couldn't believe it. It was the happiest woman ever. I started thinking about the feeling of holding a baby, when he or she says MOM and DAD, his or her first tooth. All kind of things. Then I left the Infirmary. I went outside thinking of how I would tell Jack, would he be ready?
-Elizabeth- he says, and then he kisses me- what did they say? Are you sick?
-No, not really. So...- I said trying to change the subject- How was your day?
-Excellent, now that you are here with me.
We walked together for some time and then Jack went to the mercantile to get a surprise for me. While he was out I started preparing his favorite, Shepherds pie.
Then he came back and waited for the dinner to be ready. After I finished we had dinner and that was when I thought I should tell him. But he started talking before I did.
-I have something for you-he gave me a little box- I hope you like it.
I opened the box an found a necklace. It was made of gold and inside of it there were 2 pictures of us.
-Oh Jack...It's beautiful!
And that was the perfect moment.
-What if I told you we would need one more space to put a picture?
-What?- He said confused.
-Jack, I'm pregnant
-Oh I love you- he told me, and then he kissed me.
I could see tears going down his face and the biggest smile I've ever seen.