Chapter VI| WILL SHE MAKE IT?

-How did this happen?-asked Dr Shepherd accelerated.
- They were running a race with Laura, but she fell down and hit her head with a rock.
-Oh Emily...-said Jack sad for what happened.
-Jack! Help me lift her up. You take gently her legs and I will grab her head. Then we'll put her in this cart and you pull it with your horse.-Dr Shepherd said
-Whatever you say
They left. I thought maybe I should keep teaching but I couldn't. It was the guilt that didn't let me continue. I had to be taking care of the children, my job was not only to teach them but most importantly to keep them safe.
-Children, class is over - I said with a tear running through my face.
    I went running as fast as I could to the Infirmary, but suddenly I started feeling dizzy so I slowed down. That didn't help, so I sat down in the middle of the street and see Emily's mother.
-Miss Thatcher, are you okay?
-Yes but...
-Who is in the Infirmary?
-I'm sorry- I said, but I couldn't help crying- It's Emily
-Oh no...
    I stood up and went to the Infirmary. I found Emily's mother knocking on the door. Faith received us.
-Are you looking for Emily?
-YES, we are
-You only have one second because we are about to start.
    She lead us where Emily was.
-She hit her head too hard. There is no internal bleeding but she is losing a lot of blood, so we have to put her stitches.
-NO!! Emily...
-We have to start so please go outside
    We went outside and we started talking:
-I'm sorry, it's all my fault. I should have been outside but I was telling Cody not to say to Abigail that...
    Suddenly Abigail comes and says:
-ELIZABETH!!Congratulations!!
-Wait, what?-said Emily's mother confused
-She is pregnant!!
-Congratulations!!
-And how is Emily?- Abigail asked worried
-We don't know anything yet, they are putting her stitches.
-I'm really sorry...-I said feeling guilty
-Accidents happen, and no one is guilty
-Thank you...
    It was 30 minutes since we had to go out, so we knocked again.
-Come in.
-How is she?!
-Her pulse is weak and she is not awake yet. I don't know if she will be okay, and if she is she will lose her memories. Se hit her head too hard.
    Then everyone in the room started crying. That girl is so sweet, she didn't deserve this. I thought about it, poor girl, memory loss or even worse.
    That night I insisted on Emily's mother to go to her house and get some rest. I didn't sleep that night, not even a second. Suddenly I see that Jack came in.
-Rough day.
-Yes. I was all day stressed. It couldn't have been worse. Felt dizzy, stomachaches, and worst of all this.
-Don't worry. She will be fine.
    then he gave me a kiss. That was the only thing that gave me comfort. Then we sat down on a couch. Jack fell asleep but, even though I was very comfortable I couldn't fall asleep.
    It was 3 AM in the morning when I see her light blue eyes being opened.
-Where am I? Who are you? Why does my head hurt so much?
-Oh, Emily! You are awake! You are in the Infirmary, I am your teacher, Elizabeth Thatcher. Your head hurts because they had to put stitches. But don't worry you are safe.
-How did I end up here?
-You were playing a race with one of your best friends, Laura and you fell down and you hit your head with a rock. We didn't know if you were going to make it. That's why I'm so happy to see you awake.
-Sorry, I'm not trying to be rude but, can you stop talking? My head hurts and I want to sleep.
-No don't fall asleep yet, we have to ask the doctor if you can-I whispered
-Jack, wake up!
-Emily?-he said
-Yes, she is awake. Can you tell her mother and Carson that she is awake, please?
-Of course
-Thank you.