CHAPTER XXIX | NOTHING CAN EXPLAIN WHAT YOU MEAN TO ME

Jack's POV

I woke up in the middle of the night and noticed my wife wasn't there with me . I got crazy worried . Why would she leave in the middle of the night? Someone could've taken her and I didn't even wake up, or she could've left me because she didn't want to deal with a husband who has to leave her and their son to go to fight . Every possibility that ever existed crossed my mind . I jumped out of bed and went to Peter's nursery . He was there. Was that a good sign or a bad sign? If Elizabeth had left, she would have taken him, so that means she didn't leave me . On the other hand, that can mean they took her . I didn't know what to think anymore.

Without thinking it twice, I left the house with Peter, willing to find Elizabeth . I decided to look for her at Abigail's . I didn't want to wake everyone up, but it would have been worth it if Elizabeth had been there .

-Jack, what happened?- Abigail said, opening the door .

-Oh, she's not here . Sorry for waking you up .- I said disappointed .

-What happened?- she asked again with a worried look.

-It's Elizabeth, she is not at home, I can't find her.

-Oh, well I'll help you.

-No, it's too dangerous.

-Well at least let me take care of Peter for the night.

-That would be great, thank you.- I said putting my sleeping son in her arms .

-I'm sure you'll find her, don't worry.- She said and in reply I smiled at her.

I went back home and got on my horse . I rode as fast as I could through all Hope Valley and I didn't find her and I only had one stop left . The school .

Elizabeth's POV

I went to the place I'll remember for the eternity. The place where my life changed forever . The place were I found hundreds of candles placed on the floor, just for me . That place where Jack proposed . The place where Jack made the promise to come back home and to love me forever . The place that made me the happiest woman on earth . Everything was like a time machine .

I was in the middle of a path made out of candles, Jack was there, on one knee, with a box with a ring inside it . I felt tears run down my cheek . He looks at me like the man that is watching the love of his life . I continued to follow the path that led me inside the school . There, I saw myself waking up next to Jack, ready to say goodbye . I go further in and look outside the window . There I can see him in the distance, riding away on his horse, leaving me to go the Northern Territories, for the first time . I turn back again and I can see all my friends looking at us . Everything is decorated with white ornaments and flowers . I look next to me and see him smiling at me, locking his hazel eyes with mine . It was beautiful . My heart was full of love and happiness . It was the best day of my life . I thought nothing could ever take away that happiness from inside me . I just wished my life would freeze at that moment and be like that forever.

My daydream was interrupted by him . He was at the door, looking at me with his eyes full of tears . He ran towards me and put a deep kiss on my lips . We just kissed and the world stopped. Once more, nothing mattered . The only thing happening at that moment was our kiss . We just forgot the world for some minutes . Nothing we told each other that night mattered . He put his forehead on mine . The only thing I could see were his eyes full of love . We both smiled and cried at the same time . We both had enjoyed the kiss, but we were hurting, because deep down we both knew he was leaving .

-I love you, Elizabeth Thatcher and those three words aren't enough to express what I feel for you . I will never understand what I did to deserve your love . My world turns upside down when I see you . There's nothing and no one in this world that fills my heart more than you do . You are the only one that can make me smile in the darkest day. I could look at you and never stop . I would never get tired of looking at you . Every time I kiss you it's like my first kiss . It will never get less meaningful . You are like fresh air when I'm drowning . You are like fire in the coldest night . You are like the moon in the darkest night . You are everything to me . I owe you my happiness . I owe you all my smiles . I owe you my life . I owe you everything . I love you, I love you more than anything . I can't even express what I feel for you . There aren't any words that can describe how I feel when I see you . I am empty without you . You are my everything . Nothing can express what you mean to me . Every word and every sentence I say doesn't make a difference; nothing can explain how much I love you .

We kissed again . I was breathless . It really was like my first kiss . I will remember every kiss we ever have, because each and every one of them deserves to be in my mind for the rest of my life. Every kiss with her is magical . Everything is magical when she is around me . I don't think I'm ready to say goodbye again, but I must .