Chapter XII| FAMILY FIGHTS

*2 months later*
Elizabeth's POV
    It was a very peaceful Saturday, until Jack came running to our house.
-Elizabeth, you have to see this...
-What?
    He went outside with me, while he grabbed my hand. Then I saw my whole family waiting for me in the street.
-Julie? Viola?Mother? Father?
-Elizabeth! Wow, you are... big. -Julie said.
-Wow, thank you- I said ironically.
-Congratulations- my mother told me.
-Congratulations- repeated my father.
-Thank you.
-Hello Constable Thornton- he said very serious.
-Hello Mr. Thatcher- he said after he shook his hand- Hello Mrs. Thatcher.
-Hello Constable.
-So, Viola, where is Lionel?-I asked.
-He is on a trip.
-Oh. Well, come in- I said.
Then we talked for an hour approximately about our lives. I told them they had to sleep in the saloon because we didn't have enough space, that was not true though, I knew Jack didn't like my father, so I told him they had to leave. Julie asked me if she could stay, and I told her that there was room for one more person, and that was where she would be staying this night. She thanked me and then everyone left except Julie, Jack and me.
We were unpacking Julie's things when we heard a knock on the door. I heard Jack opening the door and saying:
-Tom! What are you doing here?
-I wanted to meet my nephew or niece.
-Not born yet.
Then I saw Julie running downstairs in a hurry. I followed her, but I went slower. 
-TOM!! I missed you!!
-Julie!! I missed you too!!
-Oh, Elizabeth! Let me help you...- said Jack while the other 2 were kissing.
-Elizabeth, congratulations! I'm sorry that came without telling you before.
-Don't worry, my family did too- I told him.
-So... what is happening between you two?
-Don't tell our father but, we are dating.
-Congratulations. For how long?
-Two years.
-But...Tom left for some time.
-Letters.
-Ahh, ok.
-Tom, we  have an extra room for you... 
-But...- Julie said interrupting me- There was only one.
-We didn't want father sleeping here. Specially with Jack here.
-Oh! That's clever.
Then everyone went to their rooms. We were in our room with Jack about to lay on our bed when we hear a knock on ours bedroom's door:
-Come in!- Jack answered- Tom, what's wrong?
-Nothing, but I have to talk to you. Alone.- he said- No offense Elizabeth.
-It's okay, I  understand.-I answered.
They went downstairs and talked while I tried to fall asleep. I woke up the next morning and saw Jack still sleeping. Even though I didn't want to I woke him up, and told him he had to do his morning rounds. I also told him we were going to have breakfast in Abigail's cafe. He got dressed, brushed his teeth and his hair and then I went to look for Julie and Tom, but I din't find them.
-JACK!! Tom and Julie are not here...
-I might have an idea of where they are.- he said.
While Jack went to look for them I went to tell my parents that we would eat breakfast later. Then I went back home and waited for Jack, Julie and Tom to come back. After about 10 minutes later, they arrived. I asked them where they were and Julie answered:
-In a little house near the lake.
-What?! Why?
-We have an announcement. We are getting married!!
-Congratulations!! But still, why were you there?
-He proposed and then I wanted to sit by the lake for some time, but I fell asleep. Then Tom took me inside that little house so I wouldn't catch a cold, and he went to sleep inside the house too.
-Okay, now, we have to go to Abigail's cafe to have breakfast.
-Let's go.
We arrived the cafe and I found my parents and Viola already sitting on a table. When my father saw Tom I could see an expression of anger on his face. We all sat down and Julie made the announcement.
-I have an announcement, Tom and I are getting married!- she said excited.
-WHAT?!-My father yelled while standing up.
Jack was about to stand up, but I pushed him back to his seat.
-Father!! Come with me please- I almost ordered him. 
-I CAN'T BELIEVE...- he started yelling again.
-FATHER!!!- I said interrupting him- YOU ARE COMING WITH ME.
We started discussing about Julie, Tom and Jack:
- I have a lot of things to tell you. First, Julie loves him, you have to let her do what she wants, she is an adult. You don't have to yell in the middle of the cafe, and why do you hate them so much?
-Elizabeth, first thing, you can't interrupt me, I'm your father and you have to respect me. I worked very hard to be from this class, I won't let two people ruin it. You already wasted your marriage, I won't let Julie do it too.
-You are my father, and parents are supposed to support their children, but it's confirmed, you don't.
Then I left. I went to walk for some time.
Jack's POV
It was 20 minutes since they left the cafe, so I decided to look for them. So I went outside and I found her father:
-Mr. Thatcher? Where is Elizabeth?
-She left, but I don't know where.
-Oh no! She was supposed to stay calm.
I mounted a horse and went as fast as I could to look for Elizabeth. I was looking for her during 30 minutes. Suddenly I saw someone sitting by the river. I got near her and she was my wife. She was there, alone, lost in her thoughts. I calmed her down, and she told me what happened. I was really angry at that man. I couldn't believe he could do that to their daughters. Then I took her to our house and left her there, and after that I went to look for my brother. In the way there I found his father. I told him how much I loved her daughter and that I knew he didn't like me, but that I still loved Elizabeth and Tom loved Julie. Then I went to look for my brother to see if he was okay after what Julie's father said. I opened his door a little bit, but I saw Julie was taking care of it.
Then I went back home and saw Elizabeth sitting on the floor.
-ELIZABETH!Are you okay?!
-Jack, I think I'm having the baby.
-What?! I'll take you to the Infirmary.