Chapter XIV| ROUGH NIGHT- Part 1

*3 months later*
Elizabeth's POV
I was moving and turning in the bed. I couldn't fall asleep, because I was very excited because I was going to see the children again. I could already imagine all their faces reacting to Peter. I couldn't believe he was turning 3 months old the next day. Suddenly I hear him crying.
I went to the crib and picked him up. I saw his big blue eyes full of tears, and I thought  that something was wrong, like he had something that hurted. Then I fed him and he stopped crying, so I thought that I was wrong about the fact that he didn't feel good.Then I sang him Oh, Danny boy, really softly. Once I saw that he was asleep I want back to bed and sat down.
-Elizabeth, what are you doing up so late?- he asked with a sleepy voice.
-Peter was crying, and I am very excited, so I can't fall asleep- I answered.
-Lay down and eventually you will fall asleep.
I went to sleep and I felt that Jack putted his arms around me.
-Goodnight- he said kissing my head.
-Goodnight to you too- I said back.
Then I fell asleep for about 2 hours, but then I woke up with the sound of Peter crying. I was about to stand up, but I saw Jack standing up. He left the room and went to the baby's room, but the baby kept crying. Then I saw him coming into the room with the crying baby on his hands.
-Elizabeth, I have to admit, I can't handle this.
He putted the baby on my arms, sat next to me, and putted an arm around me.
-Elizabeth, do you remember the times when we were thinking  about our future together? Standing on the hill, wondering what would happen between us. And now, we are here, with a beautiful son and I'm too happy to be true- he told me with a soothing voice.
-He is asleep...- I said and then he chuckled.-I love you Jack Thornton.
-I love you more Elizabeth Thatcher- he said before he kissed me.
Then I left Peter in his crib full of tigers, ducks, giraffes and lions. Suddenly I felt Jack's hands hugging my waist. Then we went back to sleep, but around 4AM Peter started crying again. It was very weird. He was a very quiet baby. He never cried, especially at night. Then I went to the crib an putted my hand on his forehead and felt that he was running a fever.
-JACK!
-Elizabeth?! What's wrong?!
-Peter, he...he is running a fever- I said worried.