CHAPTER XVIII| BIRTHDAY PARTY

For you to understand everything about Lucy (last chapter) read LIFE IN THE NORTHERN TERRITORIES. It is a story I wrote with a friend in a shared profile. It's name is ineruetemili032
ELIZABETH'S POV
    It was 5AM and I was already up from bed, and making breakfast. I knew Jack was not going to be up until 6AM, so I left him a note:
Dear Jack:
    I'll leave you some money for you to have breakfast at Abigail's, because I'll be decorating the classroom for George's birthday. I love you with all my heart,
                                               Elizabeth

JACK'S POV
    I woke up with the sound of the door. I realized it was Elizabeth because she wasn't in bed. I got up, went downstairs and found a little note. I grabbed the money, but I didn't go to the cafe, I could have breakfast later.

ELIZABETH'S POV
    It was looking beautiful, but I was very tired, and there were still a lo of things to do. I didn't know why RoseMary wanted to decorate the class if the party was going to be later, and in Abigail's cafe. She was supposed to be there with me, but I guessed she was still sleeping, and that was weird, because she was always very punctual. Luckily, when I was sitting down to rest someone opened the door and came in. It was Jack, with Peter, he was here to help, once more.
-Hello Mrs. Thornton- he said before kissing me.
-Hello Mr. Thornton- I answered- And hello Peter- I said with a baby voice- What are you doing here?
-I knew you were going to be tired, so I came here to help you.
-Thank you Jack, but it's okay, I can continue by myself, you can still sleep.
-Elizabeth, I know you like the palm of my hand, I know you need help.
-Okay, but, it's really early, did you eat breakfast?
-Ummmm, no
-Jack...
-No it's okay, I have the whole morning to eat breakfast, and I love being with you.
-Oh,In the way here I went to Lee's house to tell him something and RoseMary told me that she was sorry she couldn't come, she didn't sleep well last night.
-Thank you Jack, I love you- I told him and then I kissed him.
    Decorating with Jack was a lot of fun. He would pick some paper, roll it and pretend he had a French mustache, and that made Peter laugh, so I started laughing too. I loved watching them laugh. Jack's smile was perfect, and Peter's laugh was the cutest. Once we finished decorating I went to the door to see if the students were already there. They weren't there yet, so I explained Jack how we would celebrate George's birthday:
-First we will surprise him here, at school, and at recess RoseMary will bring his cake. When she brings it we will call the children and eat it. After school, we told him to go to Abigail's cafe and we'll have a party there. What do you think?
-I think it's perfect, but...
-What?
-Well, now the expectations for my birthday are really high- and then we both laughed, and then he kissed me.
    Then we started hearing some voices, so I knew the children were there. They were there 10 minutes early, so I could gather all the drawings, everyone could hide, and we would surprise him. Everyone was ready to receive George, even Jack and Peter. Everything was silent for around 1 minute. Then we heard a knock on the door, but of course no one answered, so they decided to come in.
-HAPPY BIRTHDAY GEORGE!- we all shouted jumping off our hideouts. 
    He was smiling like he never did before. He looked at his mother with a face of "WOW, look what they did for me!". Then he came towards us and we gave him all the drawings, and he totally loved them. Then, sadly for all my students, we started the class. Jack left with Peter and kissed me, and, of course, all the students said "WUUU", like kids usually do when someone kisses a person.
JACK'S POV
    I was on my way to the cafe, when I saw Florence desperate, looking for something, so I went there and I said:
-Florence, are you looking for something?
-Yes. I don't know if there are rats in my house, because I found my coat, that I left on a chair, on the floor, one shoe outside my door, and one missing.
-Oh,So you think maybe the other shoe is outside. I'll tell you if I find anything.
-Thank you Constable.
-Just doing my job.
    Once I arrived, I sat down at a table and waited there, very sleepy. I was about to fall asleep when I heard:
-Jack- Abigail said softly.
-Yes- I said lifting my head- I'm sorry, I didn't sleep so much.
-I can see that- she said laughing-So, what do you want?
-One scone and some tea please.
-Coming right up.
    I waited for five minutes and then Abigail putted what I ordered on the table. Then I ate it and asked Abigail if she could take care of Peter, or if Clara did, and she was dry happy to. She told me she missed babies, and she was happy to help.
    I thought that maybe I could find the "rat" and the shoe. I was hours looking and asking around Hope Valley. It was already 3PM and George's birthday party was about to start, so I went to the cafe to get ready.
ELIZABETH'S POV
    We were all standing in front of the door, when we heard that someone opened the door. Just like we planned, we all shouted:
-HAPPY BIRTHDAY GEORGE!!- we all yelled very excited.
-It's Jack- he said, and then we all laughed.
Everything was repeated when George arrived. We received him and then gave him some presents. He totally loved all of them, but the one that was the most useful one for the party was the baseball bat, which Jack and I gave him, and the baseball, from Abigail and Cody. They all went outside and played for one hour. Once they finished, they all came inside, really thirsty, and drank a lot of water. After that, George blew out the candles and we ate the cake. Then, everyone left.
After that tiring day, we helped Abigail cleaning up, and then left the cafe, with Jack and Peter, and went home.

Remember to read "LIFE IN THE NORTHERN TERRITORIES" by ineruetemili032