Chapter 1

Vote/Comment/Share/Follow

        Lisa POV

I stand here looking at all the bloody, lifeless bodies, scattered across the clearing. The scent of blood fills my nose. It's all over now. Father has killed the Alpha King, ending a feud that has left a nasty scar on my family and scarring Lucious family in the process.

Wolves shift back, helping their wounded family and friends up from the ground, following Lucious towards the forest. I watch Lucious, not wanting him to leave. My heart clenches in my chest, as thoughts of Lucious not wanting me anymore, fills my head. My father just killed his father and now he probably wants nothing to do with me.

"Lu-Lucious." His name comes out in a low whisper, afraid that my thoughts are true and that he really doesn't want me as his mate anymore.

Hearing my low whisper of his name, Lucious stop and look over at me, staring into my soul with those now cold, pain-filled eyes. "Are you coming with me or not?" He asks dryly as if he doesn't care if I come or not. My beast whimpers out for its mate. I feel a pain in my chest, seeing him this way. He just watched his father die and now he's carrying his broken mother in his arms as she cries out for her dead mate.

I look over at my mother and father not knowing what to say. A big part of me doesn't want to leave my family. All my life I thought my father and uncle were dead, but that wasn't so. They had been locked away for all these years. I finally have my whole family, something I never thought I'll have. Mother and father are now happy together. Everything is perfect for the first time and I don't want to leave them.

I feel my eyes start to burn with tears from this choice. Although a part of me wants me to stay with my family, a greater part of me is telling me that Lucious needs me.

Father gives me a slight nod telling me it's okay if I go with Lucious. "It's okay baby, he's your mate." Mother says agreeing with father.

I look back over at Lucious, standing there, looking at me with those cold eyes, waiting for my answer. As much as I want to stay here with my family, I can't bring myself to say no to him. I can feel the mate bond pulling at me as I hesitantly take a step towards Lucious and all the wolves that are walking into the forest. 

Lucious turn and walk into the forest with the wolves. I look back at my family as they watch me leave. They all give me small smiles of goodbyes. My eyes land on BJ. He gives me a slight nod before turning and walking away. I can feel through the twin bond that we share that he doesn't want for me to leave with Lucious. We've never been separated. We've always been together since kids.

I'll be back to visit them all soon.

I follow closely behind Lucious, disappearing into the thickness of the forest. I look around, surrounded by two hundred or so guys. Some walking in their wolf form, while many others help carry their injured friends. They give me low growls and glares, showing their dislike for me. Out of instinct, I flash them teeth back.

I kill a few of their friends back there and I can see they're not happy about that. All the wolves I killed back there was in self-defense. I was trying to stop BJ and Lucious from fighting and while doing so, wolves attacked me and I killed them. I didn't go after them, they came after me.

I look away from the wolves. My eyes land on Lucious bloody back, carrying his sobbing mother. The only thing that can be heard is the low growls from the wolves that I ignore and the sounds of Lucious's mother cries. I let out a sigh, looking down at my feet as I follow close behind Lucious. I can feel how unwanted I am around these wolves.

I didn't want things to happen this way.  I tried to help, but me helping by setting Lucious and his mother free from that prison did no good. Why things couldn't have just been simple like every other mate story. Why couldn't we just have met and fallen in love as normal mates do? Lucious and I being mates are built on a foundation of hate, tears, and blood.