Chapter 5

Vote/Comment/Share/Follow

            Lucious

After Lisa leaves to go shower, I walk back into the room where Tilda is still trying to get mother to eat something, but she just lays there staring blankly at nothing. She hasn't eaten anything for the past two days. My father's death has broken her. I don't recognize my mother this way. Other than the single tears that leave her eyes every so often, she's like an emotionless shell just laying here.

I frown watching as Tilda holds the spoon of soup a few inches away from mother's mouth, pleading with her to eat, but Tilda gets no response. It's almost as if she doesn't even hear us. It's like she's lost deep within herself.

"Why did you bring her back here with you Lucious?" Tilda glare over at me. Her eyes are red and puffy from crying over the death of our father.

"She's my mate, Tilda." From the moment I kissed her in that prison cell, I knew I wasn't going to be able to stay away from her. I wanted to walk away and leave Lisa, but I couldn't. When I asked her if she was coming with me, a small part of me wanted her to say no and stay there with her people. But a greater part of me wanted her to leave with me and that's what she did.

I thought maybe if Lisa stayed with her people, then killing her family would be much easier because I wouldn't have to see the pain I cause her when I get the revenge my people deserve. Now I'll have to watch her hate me when I take away the ones she loves.

"She had a hand in killing our people! They killed our father! Look at our mother Lucious! She and her people are responsible for this!" Tilda drops the spoon back into the bowl of soup, before placing the bowl on the bedside table as she continues to glare at me.

"Lisa tired to help mother and me. She went against her family by releasing us from that prison." Maybe things would be different right now if mother and I both had gotten away.

Tilda let out a growl. "Don't try to make her out to be this good person! She's the same as the rest of them! She's just as responsible for this as the rest of them! How can you even look at her knowing she had a hand in all this! You're a traitor to your people!"

I answer her growl with a deep growl of my own, not liking how she's sitting here accusing me of being a traitor to my people. I'm no traitor! "She's my mate!" Is all I say, knowing no matter what I say Tilda will never understand until she has found her mate.

I don't need for Tilda to tell me what I already know. I was there. I saw everything. While I fought her brother, I saw Lisa clawing her way through the wolves to get to her brother and I. I know Lisa isn't innocent in all of this, but she did try to help us before it all happened.

Tilda's lip pulls back in a snarl, flashing teeth at me. "That's enough Tilda." My words come out in a low warning. Glaring back at her, I let my dominance fill the room, making her bend her neck to me. I'm in no mood to go back and forth with her about this right now.

Hearing the room door open, I continue to glare at Tilda for a second longer, before I glaring over at the door watching uncle Jax walk into the room. He frowns looking at Tilda and me both, but don't say anything about the tension that has filled the room.

"How is she?" He asks walking over to us. His jaws clench looking down at mother laying on the bed.

"Still the same as yesterday, she hasn't said anything. The healer should be here any minute now to have a look at her." I frown looking back down at her. Mother hasn't so much as moved. The only movement we get from her is the blinking of her eyes after staring for so long and the rise and fall of her chest from her breathing. Other than that, she's motionless.