Chapter 13

Vote/Comment/Share/Follow

                               Lucious

After Lisa leaves to go for a walk, I continue to deal with the paperwork that has piled up over the passing days. Lisa going out alone will be good for her. They see her as weak, but her being out walking around will at least show them all that she's not afraid to walk amongst them.

But her being brave enough to walk amongst them isn't enough. She will be the Luna of this pack, but how can she be the Luna when no one here respects her.

She won't get the respect of the pack like normal Lunas gets just by being mated to the alpha, and there will be no earning their respect. She'll need to take their respect through teeth and claws, but she's too weak to do so. She's too weak to show them that she's above them on the food chain. She needs to show them that there will be fatal consequences for those who come after her. Until she does so, they'll never respect her.

She may be my mate, but I won't be the one to force them to respect her. Me forcing them to respect her will not get her any real respect. They'll still turn their noses down on her the second I'm not around to see.

To the other packs and wolves everywhere else she maybe considers a princess to them, but here no one sees her as that. They see her as nothing.

If she ever wants to be respected as the pack Luna, she'll need to let this weakness go that the human world has rooted deep within her and do what needs to be done and take the respect that will not just simply be given to her.

As I continue with the pack's paperwork, I occasionally glance over at the clock. Two hours have passed since Lisa left to go for a walk. The ones who have rights to retribution know they're only allowed to go after Lisa durn their claims to Retributions, but that doesn't mean that they won't try.

I look over as the door open, watching uncle Jax walk into the office. "I've made those calls to find out about the fourteen firstborn alphas." He walks over, taking a seat in one of the chairs in front of the desk.

"What did you find out?" I frown, knowing there's a good chance that they are all dead. They help my father with locking him away, with trying to kill his mate, so I'm sure he wanted them dead also.

"He killed them all." He says not surprising me with his answer.

"What about their families?" They were locked inside that prison also. Maybe he killed them all too.

"He released their families. Their sons are now leading the main packs. I got in touch with the young firstborn alpha of our bloodline. They were the ones who had claimed the Lycan king's land once he was locked away. Seeing that the Lycan king has taken his land back, the young alpha is now busy with getting things back in order with his pack, but he agreed to meet with you once everything is situated with his pack." Uncle Jax tells me.

These alphas are still young males, probably 0nly eighteen or so. They're still transitioning from juveniles into their manhood. They're not nearly as strong as they will be in about another ten years or so. They may be young, but they're still the firstborns of the alpha bloodlines and even at their young age they are still the strongest of all the other alpha wolves.

I can deal with Lisa's brother and the rest of her family myself, but if I'm going to kill her father too, I'll need all the help I can get. I've felt the power he holds and I'm not going to let my ego get the best of me and act like I can take him head-on.

"How do you plan on doing this? I doubt he'll fall into a trap a second time." Uncle Jax says.

"I'm not sure yet, but I don't plan on making the same mistake that my father did. No one's getting locked away this time. I want them all dead." My jaws clench, gripping the pen in my hand. Father should've dropped that fucking silver box into the ocean with him inside. I will learn from their mistakes. I'm not leaving any chance of this coming back to bite me as it did with father.

They should've killed me when they had the chance, now I'm going to make them all pay.

After talking with uncle Jax, I take a break from all the paperwork and head upstairs, going to check on my mother.

Going into the room, I walk over to the window and let it up a bit, to let her in some fresh air. Walking over to the side of the bed, I frown looking down at her as she continues to stare blankly at the wall. It's been a few days since the healer took a look at her and her condition hasn't changed any.

She just lay here motionless all day, until her eyes finally close to sleep.

My eyes follow the wires from the Iv down to her arm that's filled with this blue liquid. I stand here watching her as the healer's words play in my head. 'This will only work for so long.' This won't sustain her, she'll need more. I understand that seeing my father that way has broken her, but she has to fight through this.

"Mother," I call out to her, hoping to get some kind of reaction, but I get nothing. Just the blinking of her eyes. It's hard to see my mother lying here this way. She has completely blocked the world around her out to escape the reality of father's death.

I take in a shaky breath, trying not to let this anger get the best of me. Maybe not today or tomorrow, but I will make them all pay in due time.

"L-Lucious." I look over towards the door, seeing Lisa standing there. Her eyes move over to my mother laying on the bed, before looking at me again. "Can I come in?" She asks.

I look at her as she standing there waiting for me to say something.

I give her a nod.

She's not responsible for this. She helped mother and I when she freed us from that prison, but I made the wrong decision by not fighting them off so mother would've been the one to get away.

I look back over at mother as Lisa walk over standing next to me, looking at her. "What's wrong with her?" Lisa ask.

Hearing her question, I frown looking down at my mother laying there motionless. "Seeing my father that way has left her broken."

"Will she be okay?" Lisa asks looking up at me. I can see the sorrow in her eyes.

"I don't know. I shouldn't have left her there. I should've helped her get away instead." My jaws clench as a low growl vibrate my chest. I made the wrong decision and now there's a good possibility that my mother will die if she doesn't come out of the state that she's in.

Lisa reaches down taking my hand into hers, linking our fingers. Those tingles spread across my hand as she moves close to me so the sides of our bodies are now touching. This anger that was just rising is now slowly fading with her touch.

"Don't blame yourself for this Lucious, this isn't your fault." She squeezes my hand, lightly brushing her thumb against the back of my hand.

Maybe she's right, but I can't help but to partially blame myself for this. I know if I would've made a different decision that night, then mother wouldn't be in this situation now.

Vote/Comment/Share/Follow