Chapter 6

Vote/Comment/Share/Follow

                         Lisa POV

Lucious walk out the front door after threatening to kill my mother. I stand here glaring at the door. He may hold this hatred towards my family, but I will not let him harm my mother. She has been through enough with what Luciou's father did to her all those years ago. My jaws clench, as thoughts of mother explaining to BJ and me what happened all those years ago, fills my head. How Lucious's father tried to have her killed, but aunt Sarah and Andy managed to save her. Lucious's father did all that just to get to my father.

He will not drag my mother into this the way his father once did. I leave out the door, going after Lucious to get his word that he will not drag my mother into this.

Leaving out the house, I make my way to the end of the driveway. I frown as I look around to see that Lucious is now gone. Picking up on his scent, I take a step to go find Lucious wherever he is, but stop when I remember I'm only dressed in one of Lucious shirts that stops mid-thigh. I look down at my bare feet, before looking around again. Not wanting to wander around this unfamiliar place in search of his bare feet and in nothing but a shirt, I turn and head back towards the house, deciding to finish this when he returns home.

Walking back into the house, I see a female coming down the stairs carrying a bag. She's covered in the scent of herbs, letting me know she's a healer.

Andy always smelt of herbs. As kids, Khloe, BJ, and I would sometimes help Andy store herbs inside the greenhouse to dry out. I never really thought about it much, but I'm sure Andy continued to practice the ways of a healer to honor his mate in a way, seeing that she's the one who taught him everything he knows about being a healer.

The healer takes a quick glance over at me, before making her way out the front door. Once she closes the front door behind her, I look back over to the stairs as Lucious's sister makes her way down. She glares at me, slowly taking one step at a time until she's down the stairs.

She holds my gaze as I do hers, not looking away. Her head is held high, not showing any weakness as she approaches me. She stops a few feet away. She stands there for a second just glaring at me, not saying anything. I can feel the power she holds leaking for her, daring me to do something. I take in a calming breath, forcing the beast within me back as it pushes forward to answer her with teeth and claws.

"This mate bond that you share with my brother may have brainwashed him into caring for you, but don't think for a second that you're going to get away with what you and your people have done." The last of her words come out through clenched teeth. She let the power she holds fill the room, causing the beast to claw within me to be let out. I can see this same anger in her eyes that Lucious eyes hold.

I continue to hold her gaze, placing my hands behind my back, taking a less threatening stance, showing her that her threats mean nothing to me. I view her as no threat. "I'm not here to fight with you Tilda or anyone else." I came here for one reason and one reason only, and that's to be with my mate.

"Well, a fight is what you're going to get." She takes a step forward, our noses now nearly touching. "I'm not afraid of you." She flashes teeth, taunting me.

I hold back a growl as the dominant nature within me pulls at me to show her that she's not more than me. My fist clenches tightly behind my back, wanting to give her the fight she's asking for. I look into her eyes as she glares into mines, waiting for me to react.

She's Lucious's sister and I don't want to constantly fight with her the way Lucious fights with BJ. I release my clenched fist and walk past her, heading back up the stairs. I hear a growl come from her, but I don't look back and continue to make my way up the stairs leaving her standing there.