Chapter 11

Vote/Comment/Share/Follow

         Lucious

After I end the retribution for the day, I walk with Lisa, heading back to the house. I look over at her as we walk, looking at the blood from the females that now stains her clothes.

I watch her as we walk, not understanding her. It's okay to have a righteous heart, but the human world has left her soft. Those males and females are trying to kill her every second of the fight, but she chooses to spare someone who won't do the same for her if they had the choice to kill or spare her life, I don't get it.

Why spare someone who will not do the same for you?

Her human ways won't don't her any good here but make her weak. She needs to understand that it's kill or be killed in our world.

"You don't want to fight, so why continue to put yourself through this when you can easily stop it all?" I ask trying to understand her.

"Killing them isn't necessary. Until I'm left with no other choice but to kill, then I won't do so. Will you not spare a person who's wounded and clearly unable to fight?" She asks, looking over at me as we walk.

"If they were out to kill me, then wounded or not, I will kill them without thinking twice," I tell her meaning it. Why would I have mercy on someone who has none for me?

"I guess we just see things differently Lucious." She shakes her head, looking away.

"Letting their claims to retribution drag out won't do you any good. Every day that you let pass, they are watching and learning, studying your movements. You're only allowing them to come at you with a better plan than the ones before them. What if one of them gets lucky and manages to badly wound you?" I frown, knowing I won't be able to just stand there and watch her be killed no matter what the pack law says.

"That won't happen." She says, sounding sure of herself.

"How can you be so sure?" I ask.

"They're predictable. Whoever trained them should've done a better job." She says insulting uncle Jax training skills.

Approaching the house, I continue to walk past the house, while she turns up the Driveway of the house.

She stops, looking over at me as I continue to walk, not turning down the driveway with her. "Where are you going Lucious?" She asks.

I stop looking back over my shoulder at her. "To the clinic to check on the wounded," I tell her.

Once I get to the clinic, I head to the room where the wounded warriors are. They're awake this time. Their mates are here, helping to feed them their food.

"They're still in bad shape, but their wolves are starting to slowly try to heal their bodies. Their inner wolves are still very weak, but it's trying." The healer stops next to me, giving me an update on the men.

I watch the men as they eat, some wincing in pain at the slightest movement.

My jaws clench as I look at the men, thinking about all the good men that lost their lives. These men are lucky to have survived. They fought and risked their lives just like all the other men who didn't walk away from the fight alive.

They didn't fight for my father but fought for me. My father may have been their king, but I'm their alpha and their loyalty lies with me. Father led this pack once the same as his father once did, but once father became king of the wolves he had to take on different duties for all wolves, not just the pack, so he let uncle Jax take over the pack until I became of age to claim my birthright as alpha.