Chapter 29

Vote/Comment/Share/Follow

                            Lucious

After the long ride back here, I pull into the driveway, getting out the car.

I mind link the healer, telling her that I have the herbs that she needs as I walk into the house.

I head up the stairs with the bag of herbs, going up to the room where I find Lisa sleeping. I look at her for a second, watching her as she sleeps.

I kept my promise to her. I didn't kill anyone, but I wasn't just going to walk away knowing that pack had the herbs that mother needs.

I look away from her and head into the bathroom to take a quick shower to clean off the blood.

After I clean off the blood, I get dressed and head into the room with my mother to wait for the healer.

I stand here next to the bed, looking down at my mother. I frown knowing these herbs are the last thing to help her. If these herbs don't work, then she won't last much longer.

My jaws clench down, thinking about this. These herbs have to help her. Tilda and I can't lose her too.

After a couple of minutes pass, the healer walks into the room carrying her bag. The healer comes over to the bed and starts to take out more jars of herbs out the bag. I give her the bag of herbs and watch as she starts to grind them up, measuring and mixing them with other herbs.

"Lucious." I look back at the door, seeing Lisa standing there in one of my long shirts. "Did they give you the herbs?" She asks, walking over to me looking over at the healer as she continues to grind up herbs.

"Yes," I tell her, knowing they didn't give them to me out of kindness. I had to force them to give me the herbs. None of that would have happened if they were just decent people and gave me the herbs to help my mother.

She gives me a slight smile, hooking her arm around mine as she leans into the side of my body, looking down at mother.

Once the healer finishes grinding the herbs, she adds some kind of liquid and starts to stir it all together.

After mixing the herbs, she grabs a syringe out of the bag, filling it with the liquid from the herbs being stirred together.

I watch as the healer ties a band around mother's arm, exposing a vine. She carefully pushes the needle into mother's arm, injecting the liquid into her, before pulling the needle out and unwrapping the band from around her arm.

I stand here for a few minutes waiting for something to happen, but nothing does.

"Is it not working?" I frown looking over at the healer.

"Give it a bit of time to enter her system." She tells me.

I stand here waiting for about twenty more minutes and nothing has happened. I'm sure it has had enough time to enter her system.

My jaws clench, seeing that it's not working. Starting to give up hope, my jaws clench. As I go to say something I stop when I see mother's facial bones slowly start to reform as her body starts to shift. "It's working," I say, watching her slow shift.

"We can't be sure yet, we have to wait until she's completely shifted to see if her wolf will be responsive or unresponsive like she were." The healer says as we watch mother's body slowly shift into her wolf.

Once she's completely shifted, her wolf lay there underneath the cover, not moving.

"Mother," I call out to her pulling the cover off her, revealing her large bony wolf. I reach out touch her as I call out to her again, but this time I get a low whimper from her as her eyes slowly open.