Chapter 23

Vote/Comment/Share/Follow

                                Lucious

I sit here in my office, going over a few things as I wait for the firstborn alpha of our bloodline to arrive. After finally getting things situated his pack after the Lycan king took his land back from them, he called me a few weeks ago and agreed to meet with me here.

I'll deal with Lisa's brother myself, but If the fourteen firstborn alphas are willing to help, then the plan I have in mind could work. It won't be easy and they'll be risking their life. but if we plan everything out carefully, then we will bring down the Lycan king.

I don't know much about Lycans, but what I've seen so far for myself shows me that they are much superior to the wolves. They're stronger, fast, and much more agile. They heal at a faster rate and silver doesn't affect their healing the way it does with wolves. And the ability to rise up tall on their hind legs gives them even more of an advantage.

But I've been doing a bit of research on Lycans and I've found that they are affected by wolfsbane the same as wolves are.

The wolfsbane weakens them and stops them from being able to shift. Although they are affected by wolfsbane, the effects of the wolfsbane don't last nearly as long on Lycans as it does with wolves. It says that their bodies are able to burn the wolfsbane away within a couple of minutes, but a couple of minutes could be all the time I need to leave him vulnerable enough for me to rip his fucking head off.

Putting away the papers, I glance over at the blanket laying there on the couch that Lisa uses sometimes when she takes a nap here in the office, while I work.

Things weren't really good between us before she left. She was upset about what happened during the pack dinner and she was even more pissed about me killing that rogue.

She needs to understand the way things work here. She is no longer in her little human world and just because she doesn't agree with something here, doesn't mean she will do whatever she wants, like the way she attacks members of the pack to protect a rogue.

I've constantly been thinking about her. My inner beast has been restless, not liking that Lisa is far away.

I'm sure once she returns, things will be different here for her. I saw the fear in everyone's eyes as they stood there and watched Lisa rip that male and female apart. I'm sure words have spread throughout the pack about the savagery of Lisa's teeth and claws. They all will think twice now before coming for her again.

"Alpha, we've let the guest you're expecting though, he's on his way to your house." The border patrol tells me through the mind link. I stand up from the chair and leave the office, heading out front.

After a few minutes pass, I watch as a black SUV pulls up in the driveway.

The young first-born alpha of our bloodline gets out, along with another bulky alpha male, walking over to me.

"Alpha London." I hold my hand out for him to shake. I don't know him on a personal level, but I've talked with him once before when I went to visit their pack with father.

He gives me a nod, reaching out shaking my hand.

I look over at the other alpha male who's watching me as he stands a few feet behind London.

"This is my uncle." He looks over at the male, before bringing his attention back to me.

I give the male a nod, that he returns.

I lead them both inside, head to the office to discuss why I've asked him to come here.

"Is it true that you're some kind of hybrid of werewolf and vampire?" London asks as we walk into the office.