Chapter 8

Vote/Comment/Share/Follow

                       Lisa

I slowly sit up in the bed the next morning, looking over at the empty spot next to me. I let out a small sigh, seeing that Lucious didn't sleep in here again tonight. Does he not want to share a bed with me?

After the little argument Lucious and I had last night, he left the room. I stayed up, waiting for him to come back to the room, but he didn't.

I know Lucious got a lot of turmoil going on within himself right now, and all I want to do is help him. Things have started off bad for us, but that doesn't mean things have to continue to be that way. We can make things better for us, but in order for that to happen, Lucious will have to let this go.

As I stretch, I look over, seeing lots of bags sitting on the floor.

I get out the bed, going over to the bags, knowing these are mines. I start to go through all the bags, seeing if they got all my things. From how neatly everything is packed inside of the bags, I'm sure mother is the one who packed my things.

Once I find the bag that all my underwear is in, I grab a pair, then grab some clothes to change into.

I pull off Lucious's shirt and get dressed. As much as I enjoyed wearing his shirt, and being covered in his scent, it's nice to actually have on my clothes, instead of walking around in just a shirt all day.

Once I finish getting dressed, I look over in the long mirror on the wall, running my fingers through my messy tangled hair.

Now to tame this wild hair of mines.

I go over to the smaller bag that I keep all my hair supplies in. When I open the bag, I see my phone inside. I guess mother knew I would find it if she put it with my hair supplies.

I grab the bag that holds my hair supplies, and head into the bathroom, sitting the bag on the countertop. I take the moisturizer and apply some to my hair, before starting to gently comb and brush through the tangled hairs. I pull my hair back into a ponytail and add a fishtail braid, finishing it.

I smile at myself in the mirror, seeing that I don't look like a wild person anymore.

I leave the room in search of Lucious to thank him for getting my things brought here to me. As I make my way through the house, the delicious scent of food fills the air, causing this hunger to suddenly settle within my stomach.

I make my way down the stairs, heading to the kitchen where I'm hoping to find Lucious.

Walking through the kitchen door, I see a female placing food onto a plater, while a small pup sits at the counter in the center of the kitchen, eating.

The female looks over at me then go back to placing the food onto the plater. My stomach growls out, looking at the food, inhaling the delicious scent that fills the kitchen.

"There's food if you want any." The female look over at me again, taking the cooking skillets over to the dishwasher.

Feeling my hunger growing by the second, I accept her offer. "Thanks." I go over to the food and put some onto a plate for myself.

I take a seat in one of the chairs at the counter, next to the small pup who seems to be enjoying his food.

I give him a friendly smile, that he returns with a grin, showing all teeth, along with the chewed up food inside his mouth.

"I like sausa." He says, holding up the sausage in his hand, before taking a bite.

"Sonny don't talk with food in your mouth." The female tells her pup as she grabs the rag and starts to wipe around the top of the stove.