Chapter 21

Vote/Comment/Share/Follow

                         Lisa

I lay here on the bed on my laptop. I haven't left the room yet today, not wanting Lucious to say anything to me. He's always silent when his pack is being assholes to me, so don't say anything to me now.

He's alpha and he needs to control his people. He sat there silent last night at dinner and watched me barely manage to keep my inner beast for taking control. If I would've lost control many of them wouldn't have left that building alive. 

But I'm sure Lucious wouldn't have cared if people were killed last night. He wants for me to kill. He has told me many times now that killing one of them just to make an example out of them will make them respect me as luna of the pack. He says it's what needs to be done.

I frown thinking about it all. Thinking about the way the people here treat me. Other than Lucious, Maggie, Jax, and Nakel, no one seems to want me here and they make sure to let me know with growls, glares, and a flash of teeth.

I never asked for any of this. I never wanted to be apart of a pack. I never wanted to be a Luna. I just wanted to find my mate one day and be happy, but all of this came with finding my mate. A mate that doesn't seems to care about how his people treat me.

These thoughts cause that suddenly rush to slowly build up as anger fills me. I take in slow breaths, trying to calm myself.

I get off the bed, deciding to go for a walk in the forest to get some fresh air and calm down.

I grab my coat and leave the room. Heading down the stairs, I see Lucious coming up. I zip my coat up, ignoring him.

"Where are you going?" He asks.

"Out." I roll my eyes passing by him as I head down the stairs. I open the front door, leaving out, not giving him a chance to say anything else.

I take in a breath of fresh air as I walk, looking down at my feet, sinking into the soft snow with each step.

I take in a deep breath of the cold air, trying to push away this on-edge feeling. I continue to look down at my feet, watching the snow, ignoring the people that I pass as I head to the forest.

"Lisa." I hear Nakel voice call out to me as I get closer to the forest. I look back, seeing him heading towards me with four others.

"Where are you headed?" He asks. I look at his black eye, seeing that it looks better.

"Into the forest for a walk." I look over at the other four juveniles who are looking at me strangely.

"Can we join you?" He asks.

"Sure," I tell him as I begin to walk again, heading to the forest with them.

"These are my friends. Meg, Carl, Lonnie, and Tia." He points to each of them, walking next to him.

"Hey," I say, giving them all a friendly smile as they continue to look at me. They all speak back, giving me a wave as we head into the forest.

As we walk, Carl chases Tia in circles around the rest of us, until he finally catches her. It clear that they have a crush on each other. They're constantly smiling and lightly bumping against each other as they walk side by side. I smile, watching them tease each other. Maybe they'll turn out to be mates.

I look up at the tall snow-covered trees as we walk. The forest is one of the best things about this place. Even durn the cold snowy winter, the forest still holds this calmness to it, this calmness that always relaxes me.