Chapter 44

Vote/Comment/Share/Follow

Lucious

Nearly two weeks have passed since Samuel took Lisa. Nothing has been the same since that day. I haven't seen her since then and I'm sure she's okay with never seeing me again. A part of me is afraid to see her again. How can I look at her after what I've done? She could have been killed because of me. I can never forgive myself for this.

I sit here at the desk trying to keep myself busy with pack paperwork, but I can't stop thinking about Lisa. I try to tell myself that she's better off without me but I miss her.

Things just aren't the same without her here. I barely get any sleep because she's not here next to me. I haven't been eating much because I normally have breakfast and dinner with her that she cooks. I just walk around pretending that I'm okay, but I miss Lisa.

I expected to receive another visit for her father, but no one showed up here.

I lay the pen down leaning back in the chair feeling all these different emotions weighing down on me. I take in a deep breath letting it out. Everything just seems to be going wrong.

I look over, hearing my mother's wolf clawing at the office door. Her wolf has been strong enough to move around for a few days now, she's getting her strength back quickly. After Frank left with Tilda she's the only one here to keep me company.

I get up from the desk and walk over opening the door.

I give her wolf a smile as she walks up to me rubbing her large wolf head against the side of my face greeting me. I bring my hand up and start rub and lightly scratch the side of her head. I leave out the office and walk over the front door grabbing my coat and gloves putting them on to go for a walk.

I open the door and follow her out, watching as her wolf run and roll in the snow. I follow her through the streets watching her greet members of the pack, rubbing the side of her large wolf head up against the side of their face.

After greeting another pack member she walking back over to me as I walk down the sidewalk as the sun began to set. I smile over at her as she rubs her body up against the side of me out of instinct, trying to cover her pup in her scent.

I watch mother wolf walk away from me going across the street heading towards her and father's house that Tilda and I grew up in.

I cross the street following her up to the house.

Seeing Mother's wolf claw at the door as I walk up, I open the door and watch as she shakes the snow out her fur before heading inside.

I follow her into the house and inhale the scent causing old memories to fill my head. Good memories. Childhood memories. Memories of when our family was together and everything was perfect.

It's starting to feel like all of the good times were so long ago.

I watch as mother's wolf head up the stairs after looking around.

I head up the stairs and follow her into her and father's bedroom watching as she walks into the closet.

Hearing the sound of mother's wolf whimpering, I walk over to the closet watching how she walks back and forth rubbing her body up against father's clothes, covering herself in his scent as she cries out.

Her whimpers become louder as she lay down on the floor and continues to cry out for her mate, causing me to hurt inside seeing her this way. I walk over and take a seat next to her trying to comfort her as she whimpers out. Suddenly her fur slowly starts to be replaced by skin and her whimpers turn into pain-filled cries as she shifts back.

"H-he's...gone." She says in between sobs as she cries out to her dead mate. Tears start to leak from my eyes as I hold her, telling her that everything is going to be okay. I sit here with her feeling the pain of her cries, but I'm happy that she back now. It feels as if she's the only person I have left.

After a while, her cries die down and we're left in silence as she sleeps.

I lift her up from the floor and leave out the closet, taking her over to the bed so she can rest. After pulling the cover over her, I looking down at her for a moment seeing that she looking like herself again. She's no longer skin and bones.

I let out a sigh silently thanking the goddess before leaving the room.

I go to my old room, looking around at all my old things. It's been many years since I've been in this room, but everything looks the way I left it the day I moved out. I look around missing being the young male that owned this room. Things were simple then and we were a happy family, but now our family is broken.

I take a seat on the bed and take out my phone and text Tilda, telling her the good news about mother.

I let out a sigh as I lay back on the bed closing my eyes feeling mentally exhausted.
******

I open my eyes realizing I had fallen asleep. I look over at the clock seeing that it's the next morning. I get out out of bed and head to mother's room to see that her bed is empty. I head downstairs following her scent out back where I find her standing out back dressed in her clothes.

"Mom," I call out to her.

I've called out to her every day for months and I've gotten no response from her. Seeing her turn and respond to me calling her I let out a sigh feeling like some stress has been lifted off me.

I walk over and wrap my arms around her, hugging her tightly, feeling my mother hug me back.

Vote/Comment/Share/Follow