Chapter 25

Vote/Comment/Share/Follow

              Lucious

Once we finally make it back home, it's night out. As I pull into the driveway of the house, I look over to see that Lisa is still asleep. "Lisa," I call her name, watching her eyes slowly open. "We're here," I tell her, getting out the car.

I grab her bag out the back, before heading into the house with her, going up to the room.

She walks over to the bed, climbing in underneath the covers. The ride back here wasn't completely silent, but she didn't really talk much on our way here.

I saw the sadness in her eyes when I drove away from that castle. Her family may be there for now, but that's not her home. Her home is here now.

I take her bag into the closet sitting it down. Feeling exhausted from the long ride there and back, I walk over getting into the bed next to her.

I glance over at her, seeing her looking at me as I move one of my arms behind my head, getting comfortable.

"I missed you Lucious." Her words come out low, sounding tired.

I look over at her, laying on her side, looking at me with sleepy eyes.

"I thought you were upset with me." She was clearly pissed the day she left here. Because of the way things have been here for her, I thought she was happy to leave and would be okay with not coming back.

"I was upset. I'm still is a bit upset with you." She moves over to me, resting her hand and head on my chest like she always does. "But I still missed you." She says.

I put my arm around her, taking in a breath, inhaling her scent. "I missed you too." I look up at the ceiling, realizing just how much I've grown attached to her over the months she has been here.

I've grown used to having her here with me and while she was gone, things just didn't feel the same around the house without her.

***

The next day I sit in my office with uncle Jax, talking about the vampire prince Samuel.

"If I was to ask for his help, how would I find him?" I ask, looking over at uncle Jax. Samuel isn't just some nobody. He's the prince of the vampires, so I'm sure getting in contact with his isn't a simple thing to do.

"I heard he owns a nightclub. Rumor says he likes to feed there on the drunken human females, so I'm sure you can find him there." Uncle Jax tells me.

I frown, thinking about if I want to go to him or not. I've heard about him and his arrogant ways, thinking everyone is beneath him. His help would be very useful if he did agree to help, but I don't think I'm willing to deal with his arrogance. I'm not below the Lycan king or him and I will not be treated like so.

I look over at the office door, watching Lisa walk into the room.

"I'm going to think on it some more," I tell uncle Jax. I know no matter what I choose to do, uncle Jax is by my side the whole way.

Uncle Jax gives me a nod, standing up from the chair. "Luna." He gives Lisa a slight bow of his head, leaving the room.

"Are you busy?" She asks, looking at the papers on the desk.

"Not anymore," I tell her.

"I'm going for a walk through the forest, do you want to come." She wraps her scarf around her neck, zipping up her coat.

I've been inside all day, I could use some fresh air. I give her a nod, standing up from the chair, grabbing my coat.

"How do you feel now?" I slide my hands into my coat pockets to keep them warm as we through the snowy forest.

"Now that the blood moon has passed, I feel like my normal self again." She says, leaning down scooping up a hand full of snow, forming a snowball. She throws it at a tree a few yards away, missing it.

I watch as she tries again, still missing the tree.

"Turn your body more when you throw," I tell her, seeing the reason why she's missing her targets.

She looks over at me for a second, before scooping up more snow, forming a snowball. I watch as she throws the snowball, turning her body more on her release.

A smile spread across her face, watching the snowball hit the tree. "Thanks." She smiles over at me, before scooping up more snow.

She continues to throw snowballs as we walk through the forest. "You're lucky to have gotten to grow up surrounded by such a beautiful forest." She says.

"You seem to like the forest more than most people." Whenever she goes out for a walk, it's never through the streets of the pack. She always goes walking through the forest when she goes out for a walk. Other than the border patrol, I'm sure no one here spends much time in the forest.

"The forest is always calm and peaceful. All the different scents seem to come together perfectly. I've been in a few different forests and this one is by far the best." She smiles, looking around the forest.

I look around, trying to see what she see, but it all looks normal to me. "All I see is trees, bushes, and snow," I say, not really seeing anything special about the forest.

"It's not just trees, bushes and snow. Look at the beautiful scenery surrounding you." She tells me.

I continue to look around, only seeing trees and bushes covered in snow. "I Don't see what you see." I've seen every inch of this forest a million times over. I see nothing special.

"You're just one of those people who Doesn't appreciate the beauty of nature." She moves behind me, jumping onto my back.

"What are you doing?" I look over my shoulder at her.

"What does it look like I'm doing? I want a piggyback ride and now you're giving me one." She let out a low chuckle, wrapping her arms loosely around my neck.

As I continue to walk, I remove my hands from my coat pockets and hook my arms around her legs to hold her. I feel my beast push forward, before relaxing again, enjoying the feeling of having her this close.

"You seem different now from when I first met you that day in that cell." She recell the side of her head down on my shoulder, looking at me.

"Different how?" I ask with a raised brow.

"You had this cockiness to you and you smirked and smiled a lot, but now I never see you smile or anything." She tells me.

"I guess I don't really have much to smile about." I've lost my father. I've lost good friends and my mother is dying. I won't be satisfied until I have made those who are responsible pay for what they have done.

"You have me. Am I not worth smiling for? Do I not make you happy?" She asks.

"You are worth smiling for." I may be angry inside, but having Lisa here with me helps to bury this anger inside of me at times. I may not show it, but I'm happy that I have her. "Do I make you feel like I'm not happy with you?" I may be dealing with other things right now, but I never want to make her feel as if I'm not happy with her being here with me.

"No, it's not that. It's just I can never really tell if I make you happy or not, became you never show any emotions that indicate that I do." With me being angry inside and focused on making her people pay these past months, I guess I haven't really bonded with her on an emotional level.

I do feel this happiness that she gives me on the inside, but I guess I just haven't let the way she makes me feel show on the outside.

I may have this anger harboring within me, but she has a special way of making me feel something other than this anger inside. She's my mate and she's worth much more than just a smile.

"I may haven't shown it, but you make me happy, and you're worth much more than just a smile," I smirk over at her with her head still resting on my shoulder as I carry her on my back. Giving her the smirk she was just speaking about.

A smile spread across her face, looking at me. She lifts her head up from my shoulder and places a kiss on my cheek, causing a smile to tug at the corners of my lips.

Vote/Comment/Share/Follow