Chapter 12

Vote/Comment/Share/Follow

                                  Lisa

I slowly get out of bed the next morning, stretching my stiff muscles, before walking into the closet to get a change of clothes. I let out a sigh, knowing I'll have to deal with these people and their claims to retribution again today.

Not wanting to stain all my clothes with their blood, I grab a simple pair of black shorts and a training bra and get dressed, before heading downstairs to get this over with for the day.

Once I get down the stairs, I look around for Lucious. I don't see him, but I can feel and smell that he's somewhere close by inside the house.

I start to follow his scent through the house, leading me to this closed door. I lightly knock on the door and wait a few seconds. When I don't get an answer, I slowly open the door, walking into what seems to be an office.

I look over, seeing Lucious sitting behind the desk with his head down. Walking over to the desk, I see that he's sleeping with a pen in his hand as if he fell asleep in the middle of writing something.

"Lucious," I call his name, placing my hand on top of his, feeling those pleasurable tingles the spread across the palm of my hand.

I watch as his eyes slowly open, squinting from the light as he looks up at me. He sits up in the chair, rubbing his eyes. Those dark circles and bags underneath his eyes are more noticeable now. It's clear that he hasn't been sleeping much since we got here. I guess everything that happened has been keeping him up.

"Have you been up all night?" I ask, looking at those dark circles and bags underneath his eyes.

"I'm fine." He says not answering my question.

"You don't look fine, you look exhausted," I tell him.

"I'm fine." He says again, glancing over at the clock checking the time. He looks back over at me standing in front of the desk, his eyes start at my lower body, making their way up until his looking into my eyes. "Do you plan to fight in that?" He asks, glancing down at my body again.

"Yeah, I don't want to ruin my clothes with blood," I tell him.

He gives me a nod as he starts to gather the papers in front of him, placing them into a folder.

We leave the house, heading over to the building where the claims to retribution took place yesterday. As we walk, I frown seeing a few others heading in the direction we're going. "I'm only putting on a show for these people," I say more to myself.

"If you don't want to do this, then do what needs to be done," Lucious says, looking over at me as we walk.

"Aren't these your people Lucious? Why do you insist on me to kill them? Do they not mean anything to you? How can you call yourself their alpha and care so little for their lives?" I glare over at him, not understanding how he so easily disregards the life of his people.

A deep growl vibrates his chest as he steps out in front of me, forcing me to stop. "I've always put my people first, but they have made their choice when they claimed their rights to retribution. They know their lives can be taken and they have accepted that fate if it comes to that. But this weakness you show is doing you no good. You're a Lycan and they know that you're superior to them. The first day Not all of them were willing to risk their lives by taking you on, so they didn't claim their rights to retribution, but yesterday more of them stepped forward claiming their rights to retribution because they see that you're too weak to kill them. Even females who have pups to care for have started to claim their rights to retribution because they see that you're not going to take them away from their pups. More will continue to claim their rights to retribution because It's a win-win situation for them. Maybe they succeed in killing you, but if not they still walk away with their life with nothing to lose." He glares down at me.