Chapter 20

Vote/Comment/Share/Follow

                                 Lucious

I stand here watching as Lisa storm off angry. It wasn't easy for me to just sit there and watch that, but She only has herself to blame for what just happened whether she thinks so or not. She could've ended all of this a long time ago, but she continues to allow them to disrespect and pick at her. Until she does something about it, it will continue to happen.

I head back into the build, going back over to my seat to have dinner with the pack.

Once everyone is seated, I rise my cup into the air. "To the goddess." They all repeat after me and begin to eat.

"Where's Lisa?" Uncle Jax asks, sitting his pup on his lap so he can get to the food on his plate.

"She left, probably went back to the house," I tell him as I began to eat. She was pissed. That's the first time I've seen her get that angry. Her face was slightly shifted like she was losing herself to the beast within.

"She's your mate. You shouldn't let them treat her this way." Uncle Jax says.

"She's luna of the pack and she needs to make them respect and treat her like she's the luna. Me speaking up for her won't get her any respect from them. She needs to do this herself." I tell him.

"I guess you're right. I just don't see how you can sit back and watch. If that was Maggie, I would've killed them all." He looks over at Maggie sitting at a table with a few other females.

I glare around the building as everyone talks and laughs as they eat. The faces of those who were laughing at Lisa pops in my head. "Trust me, I wanted to," I tell him. Every time one of them disrespects her, I have to stop myself from ripping their throat out.

After the pack dinner, I head back to the house to see that Lisa isn't here. Maybe she needed some time to herself to calm down.

I head into the office to finish up with some of the pack paperwork. As I work, I look over at the clock to see that two hours have passed and Lisa still isn't back yet.

I continue to work, glancing over at the clock every couple minutes. It's getting late and I'm starting to wonder where she's at. After about thirty more minutes pass, the clock strike 12:00 and I stand up from the chair to go find her.

I leave the house, walking through the streets, picking up on her scent.

Her scent leads me to the forest, where I find the clothes that she was wearing laying on the snow, ripped up.

It lightly starts to snow again as I continue to walk, following her scent, heading deeper and deeper into the dark forest. I frown, wondering what she could be doing out here this late, this far into the forest.

I start to approach the cave, her scent leading inside. Walking into the cave, I find her laying there shifted on the cave floor asleep.

"Lisa," I call her name. My voice echo through the empty cave.

She slowly opens her eyes. When she sees me, she let out a low growl, flashing teeth at me, letting me know that she's still pissed.

I walk over, stopping in front of her and kneel down. I reach out placing my hand against the side of her beast muzzle, looking into her eyes. I lightly rub my thumb against her muzzle, watching as her snarl slowly fades into a low whimper, laying her head back down onto the cave floor.

"Shift," I tell her, taking off my coat.

I watch as the large body of her beast slowly shrink down to her small body.

I wrap my coat around her, before lifting her up from the ground. Carrying her small body in my arm, I leave out the cave, heading back into the dark forest.

I let my inner beast come forward, raising my body temperature to keep her warm durn the long walk back to the house. I look down at her as she moves in my arms a bit, getting comfortable. She buries her face into my chest, taking in a breath, slowly letting her eyes close.

I look down at her in my arms every couple of minutes as I walk through the dark forest. I frown, thinking about what happened at dinner, thinking about the way the pack treats her. Why does she keep allowing them to do this? She knows she could easily kill anyone of them and take her respect as their luna, but she won't.

She won't kill if she has another choice, but I've told her many times that it's not about having other choices, it's about choosing the right choice. She's luna of the pack and the right choice is to make them respect her, even if that means she has to kill those who challenge her. But this humanity that has been rooted deep within her, causes her to make the choices that a human will make.

The things they do and say to her, she doesn't think they are worth killing someone over. She doesn't understand how things work in our world. She doesn't understand the respect the alpha and luna need to lead a strong pack. How can she lead by my side as luna when no one here respects here. No one here will listen to anything she tells them.

Once I make it to the house, she's asleep in my arms. I take her up to the room, gently laying her on the bed, being careful not to wake her. I remove my coat from around her, glancing down at her naked body.

Feeling my body starting to react to her naked body, I pull the cover over her, knowing I won't be able to sleep next to her tonight this way. I look at her one last time, before leaving the room.

The next day I spend the day in the office, making calls about pack business.

It seems that Lisa is still upset and is ignoring me today. Normally Lisa would've come down to the office to offer to help with something, or she'll lay there on the couch, talking and asking questions while I worked. Out of habit, I glance over at the couch, even tho she's not there. I've grown used to her being here in the office with me while I work, keeping me company.

But today she hasn't said anything to me. Even when I said something to her, she just looked at me, then went back to doing what she was doing.

After I end the last call, I head to the room to check on my mother as I do every day.

I stand next to the bed looking down at her. Her condition hasn't changed, only seems to be getting worse. Those fluids aren't enough to sustain her. She has slowly lost her weight over the months, slowly wasting away. My jaws clench, knowing there's nothing I can do for her.

She barely looks like the woman I've known my whole life. Her cheeks have sunken in, causing her cheekbones to show.

Now whenever she stares blankly at the ceiling, her eyes are barely open. It's like her body is now too weak to hold her eyes open.

I stand here looking at her, feeling this anger starting to rise. Every day that I see her this way causes my hatred and anger for revenge to grow. They may think that they've gotten away with this or maybe that I've just let it all go, but I haven't. They're going to pay for what they've done.

Vote/Comment/Share/Follow