Chapter 34

Vote/Comment/Share/Follow

                                 Lisa

The next morning I head down to the kitchen and begin to cook breakfast. Last night Frank and Tilda got here, and it didn't take long for the two of them to start arguing about everything. It almost sounded like a one-sided argument, since Tilda is the only one who could be heard with her yelling.

I had to stop Lucious from going into the room with them a few times during Tilda screaming match with herself. He can't try to run to Tilda's defense every time the two of them have an argument. I'm sure they are going to be doing that a lot for now, but eventually, Tilda yelling did die down and everyone was able to sleep.

Lucious has allowed Frank to be here, but I can see that he's looking for any reason to go after Frank. I hope he'll learn to tolerate Frank's presence here during the next few weeks.

I look over as Frank walks through the kitchen door, rubbing his lower back, looking to be in pain.

"What's wrong with you?" I ask.

"She made me sleep on the floor." He winces in pain a bit as he leans to the side, stretching his stiff back.

"So that's what Tilda was yelling about last night?" I ask, taking the bacon out the skillet.

"Pretty much." He walks over grabbing a strip of bacon.

I look over as Jax walks into the kitchen. He let out a growl, frowning over at Frank. Jax stands there looking at Frank for a moment. "You're that wolf that I fought." He says to Frank.

I remember Jax saying that he fought a strong beta wolf during that big fight with my father and Lucious's father. Jax thought it was uncle Fred he had fought, but I knew it had to have been Freddy, Frank, or Fin. Uncle Fred would have killed Jax for sure.

I watch as that stupid signature grin of Frank's spread across his face. "So you're that Alpha? I handed you your ass durn that fight." Frank continues to grin, leaning back against the countertop, taking a bite of the strip of Bacon. Earning a glare and growl from Jax.

I give Frank a glare as I start taking the food over to the countertop in the center of the kitchen.

"What? I was just joking." Frank says to me, putting the rest of the bacon into his mouth. I know Frank isn't meaning to be an asshole by what he said. That's just Frank, being Frank. But everyone isn't used to his ways and can take his joking the wrong way.

I look over at the door as Tilda walks into the kitchen. She stops when she sees Frank. Frank smile over at her as he chews the bacon in his mouth. In return, Tilda gives him a glare, flashing teeth at him before turning and leaving back out of the kitchen.

She didn't even look over at me. I guess for now she hates Frank more than she hates me.

"Lighten up man, I was just fucking with you." Frank smirk over at Jax as he walks past him, playfully punching Jax's shoulder, earning another growl from Jax as he leaves the kitchen.

"I see Tilda's mate is a little cocky shit." Jax continues to glare over at the kitchen door.

I let out a sigh, knowing that's very true. "Just try to overlook the things Frank says. He doesn't mean any harm by them, he just never takes anything seriously and likes to joke around a lot." I tell Jax.

Jax walks over taking a seat on one of the stools at the counter. "I think you should come to more of the pack training sessions. The last time went pretty well. This can be good for you all to get to know each other. They'll see you aren't this bad person."