Four.

Mia's POV

"How can you help me?" Mr. Nelson spoke as he pondered the question. "Quite honestly, this wasn't my idea."

"It wasn't? Would you like to elaborate?"

"Sure. It was a suggestion from a dear friend of mine. In the beginning I was totally against it. But after giving it some thought I decided to follow through. And um, now I'm here."

"Has your friend been a client?" I asked.

"No. But he heard about you all and said you're one of the best."

"I see."

"Ms. Martinez, please forgive me for being unprepared. Every idea that I thought I would want to discuss escapes me at the moment. Not to mention I am slightly nervous."

"And all that's fine." I assured. "It's only the first session so don't beat yourself up or anything. But I will be assigning you some homework."

"Homework? Now that's something I haven't had said to me in a plethora of years!"

Chuckling lightly at his reaction, I tapped at my chin before I began to speak.

"Yes homework. If you do decide to return next week."

"Oh definitely."

"Good. Now here is what I would like for you to do, so I can properly do my job for you. I want you to come up with at least one goal. Now, you can have more than one but I need something solid that we can work towards."

"What happens if I want to change my goal?"

"That's perfectly fine. Many clients goals change over a course of time during sessions. All of that is completely up to you."

"Okay..." Mr. Nelson nodded.

"But wait! There's more. I would also like for you to think about some aspect of your life that you're comfortable with discussing. Please keep in mind that whatever you share stays between you and I. We can discuss whatever you want, as time permits of course."

"I'll be sure to come in next week with something, I'll be prepared then."

"Great. Mm, speaking of time." I eyed the clock across the room. "Mr. Nelson, our sessions will last for fifty minutes."

"I was told an hour."

"Yes, essentially it is an hour. But we have to allow a ten minute window of some sort due to times in which we may run over, or for note taking."

Shifting in his seat, he placed his hands on my desk. "I understand."

"Time is quickly passing, and since we started a bit later than expected, I'm going to give you paperwork to fill out."

Handing him a pen and a folder, I noticed his calloused fingers as he retrieved the documents.

"The documents contains questions regarding things such as your insurance, list of medications, and your last doctor visit. You can go ahead and fill those out."

**

Prince's POV

Leaving me with the documents, Ms. Martinez excused herself from the office.

Flipping through reading each paper carefully, and filling them out, I signed my signature before easing the folder shut.