Eight.

Author's Note: There will be points in this chapter where time has jumped ahead more than previous chapters. Dates will be included of course, to lessen any confusion. Also this chapter contains some strong language and slight violence, just a heads up! 💜

**

Saturday, October 30, 2004
Apple Valley, MN

Mia's POV

"You disgusting little brat! Why don't you watch where you're going?"  A voice shouted. Raucous and daunting, it shook me to the core.

"I-I-I didn't mean it. Please." Trembling in fear, my tearful gaze slowly examined two broken vases, shattered to pieces scattered all over the floor.

"Mia didn't do it by herself, we were playing too!" A childlike voice yelled from another room.

"Shut that damn door now!"

Following her orders, it quickly slammed.

"I have told you children to stop playing in the house. But do you all listen? No." Husky but feminine, the tall figure moved in closer, causing me to jolt back into the wall.

"Be still you little bitch!" The woman demanded. Grabbing me by the shirt, she pulled me as I struggled to keep my eyes opened.

"You're just as clumsy and stupid as you want to be." Her words cut deeply as she spat in my face. "I don't understand the deal with you. Adina and that sorry excuse for a husband she's got uphold everything you do. A marriage I forbade but she did anyway. And now you, the result of utter repulsion. You're no better than any other child in this family!"

My tiny legs dangled from the ground as I could feel the material of my collar tightening around my neck. My breath became trapped, sending me into an unmanageable coughing spell, attempting to breathe.

A snide chuckle rang through my ears as the woman laughed at my distressed state. "Such a dirty little mut, you'll never amount to anything worthy in your life, no one will ever truly want or need an abomination like you."

And after her final words spoke, my body went flying, crashing harshly unto the hardwood floor.

**

I sat up furiously, gasping for air. Throwing the covers away from me, my hand quickly fastened around my right wrist.

It was a dream.

But not only was it just a dream, it was also confirmation.

I needed to speak with my mother immediately, and try to figure out why she would allow her child to be around an individual like that.

But still I questioned would any answer she'd give be good enough, should I waste my time asking?Actions of those sorts are never justified.

Shaking my thoughts away, I swung my legs over the bed side.

Bad memories and conversations surrounding such was the last thing I needed.

Besides, everything that occurred with Vincent was enough chaos to last a lifetime.

He constantly called. Constantly texted. Even going far as to contact me via Facebook, which led me to disable the account.