Sixteen.

Chapters Theme : Loving Me 4 Me by Christina Aguilera

**

Friday, June 3, 2005
3121 Antelo Road
Beverly Hills, CA

Prince's POV

"Honey it's been months and you have yet to see my home. I want you there with me once I get back."

"Don't you think it's a bit too risky Prince?" Her voice lightened as she sighed. "I thought you understood all of this once we made the choice to see each other, how could I be seen around with you?"

I never wanted to be angry with her but my frustrations were getting the best of me.

"Mia just how long do you expect me to hide you?" My fingers clutched the phone. "Do you know how hard it is keeping you a secret? You don't know how badly I want to show the world just how happy I am to be with you."

"You think I don't feel the same?" She asked.

"Mia, that ain't what I said."

"You may as well have said it! You knew this wouldn't be easy, I told you from the jump and you agreed to it. Talking about how difficult it is for you, well it's even more difficult for me."

Let me stop this before it goes any further.

"Honey listen, I'm sorry alright? I don't want to argue. The last thing I want to do is upset you. And I can tell by your tone that I already have."

"It's just that.. I can't stand the pressure okay? I don't tell you but Prince this weighs on me, and it's heavy. I hate feeling guilty about being with you. I shouldn't have to, but I do."

Her words stung straight to the core. Although I knew she had no intentions of causing me heartache, I just couldn't stand knowing that ultimately I was the root of her distress. The time we spent together consisted of us expressing our feelings to one another, and there was no doubt in my mind that they were valid. But I was afraid, God knows how I afraid I was. Afraid of losing her due to the circumstances that often clouded the brightness of us. This was the relationship that I had always chased, woman after woman. And finally I caught it, I caught her. But would the situation cause me to watch her slip right out of my own grip?

"Mia?"

"I'm listening."

"I'm not losing you."

"I wouldn't ever want you to.."

That six word statement meant more to me than anything else in the world.

"I'll visit you. I mean, who am I kidding? I want to be there with you as much as you want me to be. And since your birthday is approaching, it's only right."

Just like that she lightened the mood.

"You know I ain't too hot on the whole birthday thing, but your presence will always be a gift to me."

"Prince." My name spewed through the phone while a sweet laugh followed.

"What? I got you blushing huh?"