Twenty Three

Thursday, April 20, 2006
Galpin Blvd

Prince's POV

Metal scrapping against porcelain.

Yep.

That's all I heard as I sat across from my fiancée, bewildered at her attempt to clean her plate. Now see, it wasn't the first time. And don't get me wrong, I hadn't forgot about the health scare the year before so I was glad to see my honey eating. But she hadn't ever ate like that.

Ever.

It had been going on for awhile and I wasn't sure what to think.

I'm overthinking. Maybe the woman just hungry. Or maybe she's real comfortable now? What's that thing women call it? Happy weight? Yeah that's it. Well, eat on mama. I sho don't mind the thickness.

"You going to eat that?"

"Huh?" Her voice broke my thoughts.

"I said are you going to finish your food?"

"Oh! No, no honey here. You have mines."

"Thanks babe."

And with glee she dug right in. Straw accompanying my lips, I sipped my water and watched.

"So, you excited about Vegas next month? I know it's one of your favorite places."

Mia nodded. "Mhm, I am. And it is. Are we still going a tad earlier for some fun?"

"That's the plan mama."

"Speaking of plans, what do you have up for the day?"

I shrugged. "Just the usual. Heading over to Paisley soon. Then Larry's actually stopping by this afternoon. You?"

"Brooke asked me to come shopping with her while she finds a gift for her niece. She'll be graduating pre-kindergarten next month. But before I do anything, I'm taking a nap."

Quickly glancing at my watch, I squinted at her.

"Mia it's 10:30 in the morning."

"I'm aware."

"Are you sick or something? Would you like to see the doctor?"

No response.

"Mia."

Frowning, she grabbed both plates and walked over to the sink.

What is up with her?

"Honey...."

"I'm not sick, nor do I need to see a doctor alright? There's no need to keep going on about it."

"Well then."

Sighing deeply, she turned the faucet off and faced me.

"I'm sorry. I don't mean to snap it's just, I didn't sleep very well last night. And I'm sort of moody."

Must be that time of the month.

"Ain't no need to apologize, it's fine."

"I do appreciate you being concerned though," She padded over and eased unto my lap. "It doesn't go unnoticed."

"Just making sure you're okay. Mind if I come lay with you during your nap?"

With a swift up and down look, I could tell she was thinking about it.