Nine.

Saturday, November 13, 2004
Paisley Park
Chanhassen, MN

Prince's POV

"You know for someone that doesn't care much about electronic devices, yours sure has been glued to your hand lately." Larry chuckled with a swift scratch to his thick mustache. "Who's the lucky lady?"

Easing my phone down from eye level, I looked at him. "I don't know what you're talking about."

"Baby brother do you really expect me to fall for that?"

"I don't know Larry you're sitting up pretty still to me."

"Prince.."

"Uh, Larry.."

"Man come on, you may as well spill. I know there is someone. There just has to be."

Curiously I asked, "and what makes you so sure?"

"There's a certain aura about you when you're interested in someone. The same aura you had while seeing Man—-"

"Brother let me stop you right there, perhaps you're thinking too deeply into this."

"I know what I know." Larry spoke defensively. "Only this time, it's a bit more intense."

He was right, but there was no way I was going to give any type of inquiry just to have that lead to even more questions from him. If the truth came out, I wouldn't ever hear the last of it.

Interested in my therapist? That's something I couldn't believe. For a short time, I'd been debating myself back and forth, deciding whether to act out on my interest, but there was just so much to be considered.

"How would she react? Would she turn me down? How would this affect her career?" Were only just a few of the questions that I often pondered. And with the newfound constant communication between us two, it only verified what I'd been thinking all along.

Despite the numerous folks in our lives, it didn't dismiss what the heart was actually longing for.

And that void was finally being filled.

**

Apple Valley, MN
Mia's POV

🎶 My darling, I can't get enough of your love, babe.
Girl, I don't know, I don't know why
Can't get enough of your love, babe
Oh, some things I can't get used to
No matter how I try.
Just like the more you give, the more I want and baby, that's no lie
Oh no, babe. 🎶

Only half way watching my parents dance across the carpeted floor, I chuckled at the rhythm-less sight of my father, as the unmistakable and deep baritone of Barry White blasted through the living room.

"All these years and you still can't keep up with me." My mother teased him. "Mia look at your papa, he's got two left feet."

"Mama I think half of the reason is because you keep stepping on his toes." I slickly replied with a head tilt and a wink.

My father grinned as she quickly scoffed. "Sure go on and make excuses for rhythm-less nation here. "Come on in the kitchen and help me start the food."

Following my mother down the hall, she began rambling on about her and my fathers upcoming wedding anniversary.

Although I would've loved to entertain the topic, my mind was elsewhere.