Twenty Six

Thursday, November 30, 2006
Paisley Park - Studio A
Chanhassen, MN

Mia's POV

"I feel like I haven't seen my feet in months

"I feel like I haven't seen my feet in months."

Prince spun around in his chair and smiled.

"They look the same honey, swollen a bit, but pretty much the same."

I sighed. Just about a week away from my expected due date, I was beyond ready to drop the load.

Tired wouldn't cut it. Physically exhausted and completely over everything, I guess you could say that a few complaints became apart of my routine. But hubby sure did manage to conjure up the best responses for them all.

"I feel like a whale, just about big as this entire complex. I've probably gained a hundred pounds now."

"Your body is housing our creation, that's amazing don't you think? Besides, ain't nothing wrong with more of you for me to love."

"My boobs are humongous."

Eyes traveling to the melons sitting inside of my shirt, he smirked. "Milk supply for our bundle of joy, plus the cleavage ain't so bad either mama."

"But my back hurts all the time. I'm so achy all over."

"And that just gives me even more opportunities to touch you. Massages on the regular for you while a brother gets to feel you up. I know you dig that, cause I do."

"Oh man." My head tilted back as I emitted a somewhat breathless laugh. "You're the best. However, I do wish to be able to sleep through the night. It's gotten rough the last month or so."

"I know it has." He nodded. "But you want to know the cool thing about that?"

"What? No you can't possibly see in any good that."

"Oh but I do. I have two late night studio buddies to jam with, that I happen to be head over heels for. And ain't nothing better than that."

As if she understood every word her father said, our daughter started to kick mercilessly.

"Whoa."

"There she is. She's awake now huh?" His hands rested on my belly. "Hey sugar it's papa. You going to have to slow down with all that kicking now before you kick yourself out."

"Oh but she can." I assured. "She's been served with an eviction notice. Mama's tired."

"Just a few more days honey, it'll be over before you know it and she'll be in our arms."

**

Monday, December 11, 2006
Galpin Blvd

Boy did he lie.

Two whole days after my due date, there I was still pregnant.