Twenty Two

One Year Later

Wednesday, March 29, 2006
Marigot Bay, St. Lucia

Mia's POV

🎵 Come bathe with me
Let's drown each other in each others emotions
Bathe with me
Let's cover each other with perfume and lotion
Bathe with me
Let me touch your body 'til your river's an ocean
Bathe with me
Let's kiss with one synonymous notion
Nothing's forbidden and nothing's taboo
When two are in love
L.o.v.e.
L.o.v.e. 🎵

"Can you hear me?" On cue he spoke along with his voice blaring from the yacht's speaker.

"Loud and clear."

I couldn't help blushing as he leaned in, peppering my face with small kisses. Hand in hand my opposite hand slipped, resting just above his lower back.

But Prince sat up slowly, ending our embrace.

"And where do you think you're going?" I questioned as he eased on his lounge pants.

"To the bathroom, just real fast. That alright with you mama?"

I shrugged. "Sure. Just don't take too long."

Winking before heading inside, I watched how cute his butt looked.

How does my man have a better looking ass than I do? I'll never understand.

Marigot Bay, Saint Lucia was the destination, in celebration of our one year anniversary. After the release of his thirty-first studio album 3121, he insisted on a couples getaway.

Surprisingly, I never returned to work. After much consideration and completion of the ethical classes, I decided that it was best for me to stay away from Healing and Hope Counseling Center for good, which Prince was pretty excited about of course.

"Honey? I wasn't too long I hope."

"Nope." Lifting my Ray-Bans, I glanced to an envelope in which Prince held.

"What's that?"

"A little something for you."

"But I didn't want anything else, this trip is enough."

"It's not from me." He smiled. "Here, go on and read it. I'll be waiting."

Para Mi Hija
(To my daughter)

Hola mami, this is from your papa. (obviously since it says to my daughter) I wanted to write you a special letter of reflection, so prepare for some rambling (it comes together in the end I promise.)
Often I think of the past, how excited your mama and I was that you were conceived. And then I found out you were a girl, that's when the nervousness set in.
See, a lot of men in this world often want a son, I can't lie and say I wasn't ever that way. I was frightened to know that I would be raising a young lady, so afraid that I would fail you by not being good enough. But luckily that never happened. You and I were inseparable instantly, nobody could calm you like your papa. From your first smile, to your first hiccup, even your first swear word (I taught you) my heart has documented everything to memory.
Then you grew older. Baby dolls and Barbie's weren't so cool to you anymore. A new B word caught your interest...