Seventeen.

Sunday, June 26, 2005
3121 Antelo Rd.
Beverly Hills, CA

Prince's POV

🎶 I'm so scared of losing you

I really don't know what I'd do.

Can't bear the thought of another

day apart,

Mia my heart, my heart,

corazón..🎶

My fingers strummed the strings of my telecaster as the words left my lips, connected by a path linked directly to my heart.

I missed her.

Although it had only been just a few weeks since leaving each other's presence, the days felt like a lifetime.

Passionately she touched me in ways completely beyond the physical aspect.

Like a scripture she deserved to be closely studied, hopelessly devoted to, and endlessly praised.

That was my exact plan.

Easing my phone from the mixing console, I decided to send her a short lyric from the song I had written.

I just want to thank you, each and every day. Te amo corazón.

Honey

(1) Yo también te amo. What are you thanking me for?

I replied.

Loving me unconditionally and genuinely being you.

Surprisingly the phone rang.

"Mr. Nelson."

"Yes Ms. Martinez?"

My baby giggled. "It's been a long time since I've heard you say that. I miss you so much. How are you feeling? Good I hope."

"I miss you too. And I'm feeling well." I answered. "But better now that I'm hearing your voice."

"Any idea now when you'll be home?"

I glanced over to the itinerary placed inside of my notebook, but there was no use in me checking it.

I was staying in California for at least another two weeks.

"No later than the tenth." I replied as she deeply sighed. "Honey..."

"No, no. It's alright, I understand. You have a job to do. It's fine."

Blowing a breath of air from my lips, my conscience definitely started to kick in.

I hadn't been in a relationship since Manuela, and even then my love life suffered tremendously due to my sometimes busy schedule and being away.

Was I wrong for leaving Mia alone for weeks at a time just months into our partnership? Or did she truly understand?

"Baby?"