Chapter 1: Been Too Long

"Hurry! Run, Sky!" I yelled as we tried escaping Jackson's grasp. Why was he after us? I just started remembering that dream, and yet, my enemies involved are after us. Was ALL of it a dream?"

Three weeks earlier

~Ashley's POV~

Skylar, (f/n), and Mark had finally come to visit. I haven't seen them in so long, and seeing them for the first time in eight months made me the happiest girl ever. I managed to clear Rebecca and Kenneth of their busy schedules to hang out with us for the weekend. We managed to stay out of trouble. The only thing we did that put us at risk of getting in trouble was partying and drinking. Other than that, we did an okay job.

Today was their last day before going back to Ohio. Their flight was going to depart at six, and it's like five-fifteen right now. "We'll miss you, Ash." (F/n) said to me as she held me. I squeezed her. "Oh, I'll miss you too. Come back soon, guys." Rebecca and Kenneth joined the hug. Skylar and Mark did as well. "Safe travels, guys." I said. Mark, (f/n), and Skylar got into the taxi that had pulled up. They waved at me through the window as they were being driven down the driveway. I sighed as they left. It really sucks living 730 miles from them.

While Kenneth and Rebecca were standing behind me, I began remembering some of the things the six of us have been through. I remember meeting Kenneth in the mobile home park in 2011. I dated him that year for only a week. We've been best friends after the break-up, though. Rebecca's been my friend since 2013 unconditionally. Nothing has ever driven us apart. I'd like to keep it that way.

I then started remembering the time I deleted my Facebook account. I never reactivated it. All because some guy friend-zoned me. It was that guy that was fighting against me and my friends that one time two years back. I don't even remember his name. I have Chris back, so I can really careless for his affection now, but it was just to prove a point. My heart stayed broken for two years after that happened. Ever since Chris and I had broken up two years ago, my heart was scattered. I wanted someone new, and I was more sensitive to rejection than ever. Since then, I've avoided gang confrontations altogether.

"Ash, you alright?" Rebecca asked, nudging my shoulder. I looked at her, and then nodded. "Yeah, I will be." I answered. They both followed me into the house.

~Your POV~

After about two hours, we made it home to Cincinnati. I seriously hate coming home here. Ever since college started, the stress has been building up on me. Conversations between me and my parents are always about me getting a job and how Mark and I shouldn't be married right now. I appreciate them for looking out for me, but god damn! These are the choices I made in my life. They can't change the past. That's one thing they don't seem to understand.

"Hey, (f/n)?" Skylar said as we rode in the taxi to Mark's apartment. I looked at her. Mark did too. "You want to spend the night at my place tonight?" I nodded without even looking at Mark. "Hell yeah." I said. Mark frowned. I noticed it, too. "You alright, baby?" I asked him. He breathed in and just nodded. No words came from his mouth as if he were mad at me. Skylar noticed it too, and then looked at me weird. I just rolled my eyes. He's been doing this to me ever since we got married. Maybe my parents are right.

The taxi dropped me and Skylar off at Skylar's house. I kissed Mark goodbye. "I love you, baby." I said. He just nodded. "Love you too." he said with a brief smile. He rolled his window up and stared straight ahead. My smile faded. Skylar wrapped her arm around my shoulders and led me into her house. Her parents weren't home, which was good for us. Skylar sat me down on the couch. "So, what's his deal?" she asked me. "And be honest." I looked down at my lap and shook my head. "I really don't want to talk about it." I told her. I closed my legs tightly together. That made Skylar become more suspicious, but it shouldn't. Mark didn't do anything physical to me. It's just the emotional portion. Ever since we got married, our love for each other, I guess, changed. I don't know how to put it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~