Chapter 15: Don't Get Lost Again

I do care. Please take me back (f/n). I'm nothing without you. ~Mark

~Mark's POV~

It's unbelievable how I could've treated (f/n) like that. She is literally my everything. We've been through everything together. How does it make sense for us to be apart right now?

All I know is I have to start treating her better. We've only been married for almost six months now. Divorce can't be an option, especially if we end up back together and married again in the future. What would be the point?

I went back to (f/n)'s apartment. It's been about three hours since I had knocked on her door and was answered by her mother. She must be home by now. She is done with school for the day after all.

I knocked on her front door again as gently as possible. I didn't want to disturb her parents if they were home. If they were home, they'd probably be in the kitchen or living room.

So far, no one has answered the door. I guess her parents were home and assumed it was me. I can't blame them, though. (F/n) was treated like shit, and she does deserve better.

After a few unsuccessful attempts to see (f/n), I just walked back to my apartment. Just as I was about to close the door, I heard a few voices down the hallway. It was (f/n), Skylar, and...Ashley? Why the hell is she here?

I shut my apartment door almost all the way. A small crack was present so I can listen in to what they're saying. (F/n) attempted to unlock her front door, but her key wasn't working. "Son of a bitch! Mom gave me the wrong key." She said to Skylar. Skylar stomped her foot onto the floor. "Fuck! Want to just go to my house? We need to get this shit settled now." She said impatiently. What shit had to be settled? What on earth are these guys up to.

"Alright, fine! Let's just go." Ashley urged. "Skylar, where's your house from here?" Skylar told Ashley where her house was as Ashley was playing with her car keys. They are now walking back down the hallway. "Dude, I'm just happy that the MTV shooting didn't actually happen. Oh my god that would be so bad to have on our record." (F/n) said to Skylar. Skylar chuckled. "Yeah, it definitely would be." She agreed. MTV shooting? What is she talking about? Oh wait...oh god, no. They're back on that subject? Why are they trying to remember all of that? I mean, I myself also can't remember what was real and what was fake, but some things are better left forgotten.

Before (f/n) even left the hallway, I chased after her. She was walking slowly with her friends toward the exit. "(F/n)!" I called. She spun right around and made everyone stop walking. I caught up to her and took in a deep breath. "Look, I'm sorry about the way I've treated you. I love you so much, and I don't want a divorce. Please stay with me. I'll get better." I begged her. She just stared me down as if she knew I was lying, but I wasn't. I really love her and I really care for her.

"Mark, you hurt me. And all of the shit you said behind my back; why do you think I deserve that?" She argued. I grasped onto her shoulders. "You don't deserve that, but you deserve a man who's willing to change for the better and be a better man for you. Please, give me another chance." I said back. I was literally in tears right now. (F/n) thought for a minute. Ashley was shaking her head at (f/n), probably signaling her to say no to me, but I'm sure she's capable of making her own choices.

"I'll think about it. Right now it's a big fucking no, but we'll see." She said, turning away. At that point, it was hopeless. She'll never take me back. She turned to me again. "My parents already helped me file for divorce, so maybe we'd be better off as boyfriend and girlfriend, and then we can remarry in the future. But right now, I'm only nineteen. I want to live a little bit before having to be settled with someone by law." She added. Skylar nodded. "Yeah." Skylar said. I frowned deeper than before. Having her as just a girlfriend doesn't feel as special as being married to her, but if that's what she wants, I'm willing to work toward that.

I nodded at her. "Alright, that's fine with me." I concluded. (F/n) smiled and was about to walk away. I looked up at her again. "Hey, what are you guys doing anyway?" I asked. (F/n) walked back toward me. "Well, we're going to Skylar's house to figure shit out." She answered. Skylars's face softened. "Yeah, we remembered that dream we all had a few years back. Some people from the dream started making appearances, and for all we know, we could be in danger." Skylar further explained. Ashley walked up to me. "Scarlet is becoming a problem just as well as Francis." My eyes widened. Francis? That fucker that tried stealing (f/n) away from me? "Oh, so that's why you're trying to pinpoint what's real and what's fake?" I clarified. Everyone nodded. "Yes. I had already asked Khloe for some help, too." (F/n) answered. Khloe? Her high school bully?

"Wait, she helped you!? I thought she hated you!" I said, feeling outraged. (F/n) nodded. "Yeah. I guess she has a soft spot." She answered. I was completely dumbfounded when I heard that. Her bully is helping her? It's still unbelievable.

(F/n) had to go. "I'll see you, Mark." She said, walking away with her friends. I waved weakly and headed back home. I should figure out what's fake and what's real, too.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~