Chapter 13A: Utter Chaos

I just want out of this gang. I thought I got out before, but it turns out I got myself in deeper than before. ~Terrance

~Your POV~

We continued talking to my friends for a few moments longer. Everything for them seems to be going great. They're each involved in their own thing here, and it's amazing how they were able to stick together and still pursue their dreams. Most friends would have to split up just to achieve that want.

Just when we were about to leave, I noticed one of my long lost friends. I remembered her from the dream, but I can't remember whether or not we actually met. Violet.

Violet came over with some cups of coffee in her arms. "I got the coffee you guys wanted." She told them as she handed them each their coffee. "Thanks, girl." Nikki said. Violet smiled and sipped on her coffee. She turned to me and almost dropped her cup. "Oh my god, (f/n)!? Is that you!?" She asked loudly as she jumped into my arm. I held her tightly. "Yes, it's me!" I cried back. Skylar realized that meeting her was real.

"Dude, it's been years since we last talked! My dad was the principal for a while, but then he got transferred to another school. So we all had to move there. We only lived like a few towns over. I should've given you my number." Violet explained. Skylar and I nodded together. "That's what happened." She said to me. Looking at Violet, her hair wasn't so violet anymore. I guess she let her hair go natural. Her hair is now a short golden brown color with her bangs still in tact. It's unbelievable how much people change when they go to college. Skylar's hair isn't even blue anymore. It's black.

After another fifteen minutes, my friends ended up having to go to class. "I'll see you guys around. It was so awesome to see you again!" Kevin said to us. I gave each of them a hug, and my new phone number. "Text me when you guys are free. Maybe we can all chill one day?" I offered. They nodded. "Will do. See ya." Korey answered. When my friends went to class, everyone that was outside began staring us down again. I looked around and wondered "what the fuck?"

Another set of people ended up coming to us. "You remember that lockdown we had a few years ago?" He asked me. Skylar and I looked at each other weirdly, but then we remembered locking ourselves in the freezer. "Yeah, good times." Skylar said with a smile. The guy talking to us wasn't amused. "Yeah, a few gang members shooting up our school was definitely fun. You know that he shot my younger sister, right?" He asked meanly. I frowned at him. "Is your sister okay?" I said to him, crossing my arms. Ashley stood next to me, ready to fight. The guy nodded. "Yeah, but now she's locked away in a mental institution because of the trauma. She tried shooting herself before she graduated high school because her mind got so fucked up from it." The guy looked really pissed. Ashley wasn't going to have it, though.

Ashley ended up standing closer to him. "Just be happy she isn't dead, you asshole." She threatened. The guy took a slight step back to regain his personal space. "Worse shit could've happened to you. Your best friend could've been shot right in front of you, or your parents could've abused you. Did any of that shit happen to you?" She asked in the deepest tone I've ever heard. The guy slowly shook his head. Ashley nodded slightly. "It happened to me...countless times. So put on your big boy panties and get over it. High school is over, and life could be much worse." Ashley ended up walking away from all of us. She looked a little upset after telling that guy off, which I can't blame her for.

We all ended up going back to the car. We needed to figure out what the hell was fake and what was real, so we decided to write a list of events. Figuring out Ashley's events was going to be a whole other story.

Ashley drove us to a diner in town. We were all seated and served some water. The waitress would be right back to take our food orders.

"Alright, I brought my notebook in from the car. We need to jot down some events from your perspective of the dream and deal with them dead on." Ashley said as she handed Skylar a pen and the notebook. She was able to remember everything better than me. I was apparently hit in the back of the head at some point, so that probably explains why I have shit memory.

Skylar began writing some shit down. I just watched as the list got longer and longer. So much shit happened over the course of one dream; it was a miracle that Skylar could remember.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~