Chapter 22: We're Moving

Don't worry. We'll be living somewhere new. They won't find me. ~(y/n)

~Your POV~

Before my parents went into work, they noticed something wrong with the lock on the door. The silver lock looked very scratched up, like someone had picked it. When they questioned each other, that's when I told them about what happened. I told them about mom's old boss and how her son had broken in last night. That sent my parents into a panic. Skylar was standing next to me when I told them, nodding in agreement.

"We have to move or something. That kid's got some problems." Dad said. I smirked. "That's an understatement." I responded.

A few minutes later, my parents went to work. They were called in because the CEO of their companies were going to pay them a visit and they had to make sure everything was set. Skylar and I hung around and waited for Ashley, Kenneth, and Rebecca to show up.

"I wonder if your dad's serious about moving." Skylar said to me. I shrugged. "He could be. Maybe we'll move out of this apartment and into a regular house." I said to her. Skylar smiled. "There's a house next door that's being rented out. Maybe your parents would be interested. At least then Francis won't be able to find you." Skylar explained. I smiled at the idea. "Yeah. That's actually a great idea. I'll tell them when they get home. They should be home by two."

Thirty minutes had passed and our friends showed up. Ashley brought over her notebook, thinking that we still have to make up that list, but Skylar and I are way ahead of the game.

"Hey guys." Rebecca said as they all entered. I waved at them. Skylar and I were leaning against the back of the couch. Ashley gave us a weird look. "You guys look traumatized. Is everything alright?" She asked. Skylar shook her head. "No. Something bad happened last night." She answered.

The five of us sat down on the couches and Skylar and I explained everything to them. "Wait, Francis broke in!?" Rebecca asked, shocked. I nodded. "Yes he did. He tried to fuck me too." Kenneth cracked his knuckles. "Where is he?" He asked. I shrugged. Terrance pretty much kidnapped him last night, so I have no idea where he is. "Beats me. One of my friends showed up and took him somewhere. Probably somewhere where he won't be able to find his way out of." Skylar answered finally.

I brought the list out from my room and showed it to everyone. Ashley was surprised that we already had it done. "Skylar spent the night after that incident and we realized that we have to start phase three like as soon as possible." I told them. "These people are starting to catch up with us faster than we can get through the phases." Everyone reviewed the list, and cringed at how long it was. This one's going to be a tough one.

We all went through the list together, and we realized that we're going to have to not only ask more people, but try to recall some of these things ourselves. It's not going to be easy since I can't tell what's real and what's fake.

Skylar's memory seemed to have been better than mine because she was checking and crossing some stuff out. The whole Francis ordeal I can now recall perfectly. That whole scene in Los Angeles was crystal clear to me. I know he strangled me in the hotel room, tried to rape me, and I know Mark and my parents helped me fight him. I'm positive that he also went to jail. I checked those events off. I'm just hoping I don't have to talk to Mark again. I feel like I'm starting to burden him with this whole thing.

Hours had passed, and our list shortened only slightly. We still have a lot of work to do. It also involves us conversing with Terrance. When my parents came home, Skylar told them about the house she mentioned earlier. She said it was a two bedroom, and a two bathroom place. My parents seemed interested and began looking at the information online about it. While they did that, the five of us continued planning.

"So (f/n) and I will talk to Terrance about the shit involving him, and you guys can talk to Mark. I don't want (f/n) to have to do it." Skylar concluded. Ashley nodded. "Cool with me. After what I heard Mark say last night, she's better off away from him." Ashley agreed. Rebecca and Kenneth got up with Ashley and headed to Mark's apartment. Before they even knocked on his door, Skylar and I left the apartment complex.

Terrance's house was a few streets over, so walking there only took about fifteen minutes. Skylar was pretty silent as we walked, like something was on her mind. I already know what it is, but we both agreed to stay friends.

Terrance was sitting on his front porch smoking a cigarette. He noticed us on the sidewalk and got up to greet us. "Yo, guys. What's up?" He asked, still puffing. I waved at him. "Hey man, we wanted to ask you some shit." Skylar said. Terrance nodded and waited for us to ask. I reviewed the list again and asked as I went down the list.

"Do you remember if I was ever ambushed? And if so, did you swoop in and save me?" I asked him. Terrance looked at me weird. "Ambushed? Nah I don't think so." He answered. I nodded and crossed that off. "Okay, and after I come back from Los Angeles, did we hang out, and then meet up with your gang to try to kill Skylar?" I asked, cringing at the event. Terrance chuckled and shook his head. "She used to be on the hit list, but after she threw in the one-hundred dollars, she's off it now." Terrance answered. "But I was shot in the leg that night. Not by my gang, but by my ex-girlfriend at my crib. She's a crazy bitch." He added. So the shot in the leg did happen, but not under the circumstances of being chased by angry gang members.

I crossed those things off the list and folded it into my pocket. "Alright, that's all we needed." I concluded. He nodded. "Sweet. So what's up?" He asked. I shrugged. "Mom found out about the lock, so she wants to move somewhere else." I answered. "There's a house for rent next to Skylar's, so we're thinking of going there." Terrance high-fived me. "Nice!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~