Chapter 19: It's Getting Late

"Look, it's getting late. Let's just get some sleep and we'll start phase three tomorrow morning. It'll be Saturday, so we won't have to worry about school." Skylar said to me.

I did as she said and went home to go to bed. She had walked me to my apartment as we spoke. Mark wasn't peeping through his apartment door, so I assumed he was still asleep. It is like midnight anyway. I unlocked my apartment and went straight to bed.

It's now three in the morning, and I heard the sound of glass breaking in the apartment. I shot straight up and went into the living room. "Is someone there?" I ask quietly.

Four hours earlier

~Your POV~

It was starting to get pretty late. The clock hit eleven at night. We've been here longer than I originally thought. After I got off the phone with Mark, it was all about them comforting me. They noticed how sad I was, and they told me how he wasn't worth the tears. They're right, but is it really necessary for Mark to treat me like shit like that? What did I ever do wrong to him?

"Look, (f/n)," Skylar started. Everyone, including me, looked at her. Skylar took some deep breaths before speaking. "I fucking love you, alright?" she admitted. I've heard this from her a few times. I already knew she's had a crush on me this whole time we were friends. That's why she was always there to protect and save me whenever I fucked up. And to be honest, I feel like I love her too.

"We've been best friends for fucking three years now. We've been through everything together, and it's only normal that a bisexual pair of friends like us develop feelings for each other." Skylar was practically pouring her heart out to me. I mean, she can't expect every bisexual pair of friends to admit their love for one another, especially if it's the intimate kind of love, but in this case, I feel like I can. I didn't want to say it yet, though. Even though he's a piece of shit, I still love Mark.

"Dude, you deserve someone better than Mark, but if you don't feel the same way about me, I'm perfectly okay with it. We can still be best friends and not have any lovey dovey shit going on. I promise I'll be okay with it." Skylar seemed to have regretted pouring her heart out to me since my face was still blank. I have to say something, though, even if it's just me rejecting her. But I love her. Holy shit, now I'm confused.

"Skylar, I do admit it. I love you too." I started. Skylar smiled widely. I noticed it and signaled her to tone it down. "But, I think it's best to stay friends. I still have feelings for Mark, even though he's a douchebag." Skylar nodded rapidly when I said we can stay friends. "That's perfectly okay with me, (y/n)." she agreed. "I just wanted you to know how I truly feel."

I went up to Skylar and hugged her. Ashley, Kenneth, and Rebecca smiled at us. I pecked Skylar on the cheek, which made her blush. "I love you Skylar, but we should stay friends. I think it's what's best for us." I concluded. She placed her hand gently over the cheek I kissed. Her smile widened. "Deal."

Another hour passed, and Ashley drove all of us to my apartment complex. Skylar and I got out of the car together. She just wanted to walk me to the apartment. I was discussing a plan to go about phase three since I remember the events perfectly. Phase three involved Francis, and he's already a problem right now. Skylar had enough and stopped me in my tracks.

"Look, it's getting late. Let's just get some sleep and we'll start phase three tomorrow morning. It'll be Saturday, so we won't have to worry about school." Skylar said to me.

I just nodded and gave her another hug. "Goodnight, (f/n)." she said. "Goodnight, Sky." I said back. She waited for me to enter my apartment.

When I shut and locked it, I faced my bedroom door at the other side of the apartment. Without a second thought, I did as Skylar said and went to bed. I noticed that Mark wasn't peeping through his apartment door, so I assumed he was still asleep. It is like midnight anyway. Upon crawling into bed, I fell fast asleep.

It's now three in the morning, and I heard the sound of glass breaking in the apartment. I shot straight up and went into the living room. "Is someone there?" I ask quietly. It became deadly silent, which freaked me out. I covered my mouth to make sure my breathing wasn't loud enough for them to hear.

Grabbing the nearest blunt weapon, I slowly tip-toed into the living room. I checked around and didn't notice anyone or anything. But then, I noticed the lock on my apartment door had been detached. That sent shivers down my spine.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~